2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

DB29E147-BF81-4150-BDC8-0AD2993C4A0B_zps

So glad basically all 50 people in front of me were there for Dave Matthews, Cake, and Ghostbusters. My store only got like 1 copy of three of the records I got. I did get to see some girl in a Circa shirt grab the only SDRE/Circa split I saw though. Fuck I wish they did a split with a band that wasn't Circa Survive.

Wuxtry was super rad this year, as always. I wasn't able to get the Scott Pilgrim OST, but I got Tame Impala and Oneohtrix Point Never as planned. They also had one copy of ABR - Thrill Seeker, and it was only $16, so I went ahead and scooped it up. I also got a maroon copy of the SDRE/Circa split. Not really sure why I did that, since I'm not exactly a fan of either band.

But yeah! I'm about to head home for the weekend, but I'm gonna make a stop in Atlanta to see if I can find the SP OST anywhere before turning to the forums for help.

PM'd you

Did not get De La Soul. Origami only had 9 copies for sale. 95 copies and 6 stores but everyone is selling 10 tops? Artist/label keeping a lot or what?

Couldnt get Ray Parker or Velvet Underground but I scored little dragon, Chvrches, nick cave, of Montreal, liars, space project 12" (I thought this was a set of 7"s?), bowie, tame impala, built to spill.

Still need to find ray parker, Dresden dolls, Julia holter, r.e.m., and the UK exclusive Chvrches and Charlotte gainsbourg singles. Someone in London scored the bat for lashes/Jon Hopkins single for me, which was at the top of my wishlist. Good haul, yes.

both VB stores(Vinyl Daze and AFK books) only got 5 copies between the 2 stores of the Circa/Sunny Day split.

I managed to get everything i was after.  Which i was shocked as i was 34 in line.  Grabbed both MGMT's, Slipknot, Green Day demolicious, and the Paramore record. someone was walking by the cash line and had a copy of the Paramore record and asked if anyone wanted it and i grabbed it.   

Only complaint was it was raining.   But the free food and getting the records i wanted makes it worth it.

forgot to add i got buried alive from AFK books

That was me with paramore! haha