2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

My store opened up at 4:45AM with the record selling starting at 5:01AM.  I showed up a little bit after 5AM and it was not that crowded, maybe 10-15 people in the store.  I picked up Tame Impala, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Mudhoney, Pop Yeh Yeh and the RPM Football.  I really wanted the Parquet Courts 7" but they didn't have it.  I contemplated going to the next store that opened at 7AM but didn't feel like waiting in line. I figured I can try later today or eventually buy it online

Man I feel lucky right now. Australia and Sydney in particular, rules for RSD. I've got 4 stores in 10 minutes walk from me. One opened at 9:30am. About 5 people lined up, their stuff was crazy over priced. Across the road from it was another store that opened at 10am. Nobody lines up. Heaps of stuff, but nothing I wanted and well priced.

The store I bought all my things from opened at 10:30am. About 20 in line and had about 10 of each. There I got everything I wanted.

Walked to the other store and they opened at 10am, and still had a bunch of stuff I'd already bought at great prices. But didn't buy anything else.

And it was great weather too!

The only thing I didn't get was the cake box. But the store from my home town is getting one and it should be I later next week. And they've said it's mine if I can get there by Saturday.

This year ruled

Almost completely struck out this RSD.  Was probably twentieth in line and got there 2 1/2 before the store opened.  All I got that I wanted was the July record.  Pretty bummed I missed out on the DCFC record (if anyone has one they wouldn't mind parting with, I'll pay price/shipping/and a little extra for your generosity.)  

Just to insight some anger, the very first guy in line walked out with a huge box of records and according to the owner of the store, spent over $800.  I'm sure I'll be seeing his records on Ebay very shortly.  Hopefully everybody else did well.  At the very least I met some cool people.

Got just about everything I wanted (and some I was on the fence about) at 2 stores in VB.

Biggest misses for me were the Circa/Sunny Day split and Hillsong United White Album.

Manage to snag Ghostbusters though if anyone is interested in a trade or something.

both VB stores(Vinyl Daze and AFK books) only got 5 copies between the 2 stores of the Circa/Sunny Day split.

I managed to get everything i was after.  Which i was shocked as i was 34 in line.  Grabbed both MGMT's, Slipknot, Green Day demolicious, and the Paramore record. someone was walking by the cash line and had a copy of the Paramore record and asked if anyone wanted it and i grabbed it.   

Only complaint was it was raining.   But the free food and getting the records i wanted makes it worth it.

forgot to add i got buried alive from AFK books