2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I was about 100 people back at Crooked Beats in DC, but still left with my best RSD haul to date.

Cake Boxset (last one, much to the disdain of several people behind me)

Notorious BIG - "Life After Death"

Death Cab for Cutie - "Live 2012"

MGMT - "Congratulations" (#1212)

The Zombies - "Odessey & Oracle"

Jay-Z and Linkin Park - "Collision Course"

Missed out on Fun. and REM. Would really love to track down "Point and Light" if anyone wound up with an extra...

I'm so pumped to finally have Ultimate Alternative Wavers. I've got a pretty complete collection now.

I tried hard and couldn't find a green copy around here. Still really pumped to have the gold. It looks great.

Got to Newbury about an hour and 15 before they opened and was probably around 40-50 back in line. Prices sucked, so I only ended up buying Joy Division - An Ideal for Living and fun. - Point and Light along with their exclusive color version of The Strokes - Is This It.

Might stop by Bull Moose later and see if there's anything left. I really wanted one of those of Montreal 45s...

WHAT?

I was probably the 20th person in line and thought they only had one copy of cake but one of the employees brought out 6 from the back room.

i just wish i had more money to buy you VCers things

I think next year I'll take a request list from people so I can pick up things. Criminal was packed with releases and i wanted to teleport all of you so you could buy them.

I'm talking 10+ Scott Pilgrim, 8 SDRE/CS, 9-10 Nirvana, the list goes on and on

I bought that A Minor Forest album (albums?) because of your recommendation btw. I hope it delivers!

Heeeeell yeah! Their shit is great and at least it's not too expensive if you end up not enjoying them.

So glad basically all 50 people in front of me were there for Dave Matthews, Cake, and Ghostbusters. My store only got like 1 copy of three of the records I got. I did get to see some girl in a Circa shirt grab the only SDRE/Circa split I saw though. Fuck I wish they did a split with a band that wasn't Circa Survive.

That's crazy. I thought the Ghostbusters 10" was more of a general novelty/afterthought purchase. How much were they going for at the store?

That's crazy. I thought the Ghostbusters 10" was more of a general novelty/afterthought purchase. How much were they going for at the store?

No idea, didn't even actually see one they went so fast. Do you know what's on the Dads EP? The back of it just says "These songs were not written by Dads" but I don't have the energy to listen to anything just yet. Obviously gonna be covers.

No idea, didn't even actually see one they went so fast. Do you know what's on the Dads EP? The back of it just says "These songs were not written by Dads" but I don't have the energy to listen to anything just yet. Obviously gonna be covers.

Honestly, I'd chalk that up to them being sarcastic idiots, and not necessarily to the possibility that they're covers. It's possible, though.