2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Another successful RSD for the store I work at!  This is what I ended up snagging:

IMG_20140419_220030.jpg

Did anyone here stop in at The Exclusive Company in Milwaukee?  If so, how was your experience?  We had limited space to display all of our RSD stuff, but I think it worked out well for the most part.  If there's anything you think we could improve on in the future though, I'd love to hear it!

I got: 

Nirvana Pennyroyal Tea 7" 
Paramore Ain't It Fun 12" "broken shaped" 
Bugg, Jake Live at Silver Platters 1/20/14 LP 
Alanis Morissette Live at Montreux 2012 (140g 2LP) 
Alice Cooper Live at Montreux 2005 (140g 2LP White Vinyl) 
Oasis Supersonic 12" 
Cash, Johnny With HIs Hot And Blue Guitar (Blue vinyl, numbered out of 3000 copies) 
Duff McKagan Sick (140g Purple 2LP) 
Chvrches - We Sink 
Smoke Fairies - Smoke Fairies 
HAIM - Forever 
Kings Of Leon - Wait For Me 
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks 
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live At Monetery 
Strypes, The - 4 Track Mind 
Creedence Clearwater Revival - The 69 Singles 
Yardbirds, The - Little Games 

And I still want amongst others: 

Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters 
London Grammar - Hey Now (Bonobo remix) / Hey Now (Zero 7 remix) 
Phosphorescent - Song For Zula 
Yardbirds, The - Sounds I Hears 
Tame Impala - Live Versions 
Foals Live at Royal Albert Hall LP (3000 copies) 
Of Montreal Satanic Panic in the Attic 10 year Anniversary Edition (180g 2LP...Disc 1 on Yellow, Disc 2 on Blue. Disc 2 features 7 additional tracks) 2000 copies 

There is a load of other stuff that is on the US list that wasn't available over here but the main one I wanted was the Foals live at the Albert Hall, oh well ebay here I come.

^ of Montreal is available from Polyvinyl now. https://www.polyvinylrecords.com/#product/satanic_panic_in_the_att-4

I've seen that Phosphorescent 12" for sale on quite a few online stores (check the RSD online thread).

Thanks for that

My local store did say he sometimes gets a 2nd bite for some stuff but probably nothing I want.

I kinda laughed at the idea of an "RSD release" of the first MGMT that had only gone OOP in the last 3 months... But when I saw it in the racks, I went ahead and grabbed it. And damn if this doesn't sound FANTASTIC. I'm not sure how the OP sounds but this repress is dead-quiet and great open sound throughout (especially considering the entire thing was probably recorded in Pro Tools). Once the prices come down, it's well worth seeking out.

The VU Loaded reissue also sounds nice, if not AS nice as MGMT. Solid pressing, a little sibilance on the vocals... Beautiful splatter vinyl tho.

Was kicking myself for not getting a copy of the Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Goldmine RSD.  Went to my local store in Toronto today and they someone had a used copy of this?!?  Picked it up. 

Between the package, amber colour and quality of music, this is my favourite RSD release.  

Thank you to whoever sold this!

I kinda laughed at the idea of an "RSD release" of the first MGMT that had only gone OOP in the last 3 months... But when I saw it in the racks, I went ahead and grabbed it. And damn if this doesn't sound FANTASTIC. I'm not sure how the OP sounds but this repress is dead-quiet and great open sound throughout (especially considering the entire thing was probably recorded in Pro Tools). Once the prices come down, it's well worth seeking out.

The VU Loaded reissue also sounds nice, if not AS nice as MGMT. Solid pressing, a little sibilance on the vocals... Beautiful splatter vinyl tho.

Great to hear about Oracular Spectacular. I had it on my wantlist already, but it shot up to must-have now.