2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Store near me got another shipment today, was able to get the ghostbusters, kind of a gimmicky thing that im sure wont see much play time, but still pretty excited about it.

I heard a rumor that Ghostbusters was getting a repress. Does anyone know if this is true?

I just did my RSD shopping today. I haven't been to my local shop since early April. I walked in today just planning to pick up an album, and the owner showed me three bins full of leftover RSD releases. A lot of good stuff, too--by that, I mean there was a lot of stuff that I've seen mentioned. Slipnot, that Linknin Park album, Soundgarden, Mastodon, LCD Soundsystem, Flaming Lips... to name a few off the top of my head. And the Opeth, which I snagged. I might go back for Karma to Burn. 

From the FB of a local store:

This is the response from WEA/WMG regarding the defective Notorious B.I.G.- Life After Death triple LP. Customers who bought copies of the Notorious B.I.G.- Life After Death triple LP can email Rhino directly at [email protected] or return them to the store where they bought them.

There is no announcement yet on whether or not they will be replacing them with he same clear vinyl pressing.

This is the response from WEA/WMG regarding the defective Notorious B.I.G.- Life After Death triple LP. Customers who bought copies of the Notorious B.I.G.- Life After Death triple LP can email Rhino directly at [email protected] or return them to the store where they bought them.

There is no announcement yet on whether or not they will be replacing them with he same clear vinyl pressing.

I'm not surprised. The same shit happened with "Ready to Die" last year. Rhino sure loves fucking up Biggie releases!

honestly I don't feel like searching through the thread...

Whats wrong with it? Haven't noticed anything wrong with mine yet

Why does it say preorder?

EDIT: Ordered anyways. Can't hurt. Thanks!

I saw this preorder on Friday and called their customer service to ask about it.  They confirmed that it is indeed a preorder, and that it is scheduled to come out in June (I think she said June 3).  She told me the only difference between the RSD version and this one is that this one won't be numbered.  So, if you want one of these and don't care about the number (like me), you can get one shipped for about $22 rather than paying the CRAZY prices on the 'Bay.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to popular demand...

Well, the Limited Edition Record Store Day release of R.E.M. Unplugged 1991/2001, The Complete Sessions, was quite a hit for those who were able to get one. So as a result, we are working on details for two separate vinyl releases: MTV Unplugged 1991 and MTV Unplugged 2001. Each vinyl release will feature the entire performance, including the additional songs not aired on the original broadcast. Further details to be a announced as soon as we have them.

from the R.E.M. Unplugged Pay Stupid EBay Prices thread.... niblips, you posted right after this