I figured out what the 182 means

That's not it.

Their original name was blink, but changed it because an Irish electronica artist was already using that name, and threatening to sue. So the label they were on made them change it, and they just added the 182. Mark said it has absolutely no meaning and it was just pulled off the top of his head while they were on the phone with the label about the lawsuit.

That's not it.

Their original name was blink, but changed it because an Irish electronica artist was already using that name, and threatening to sue. So the label they were on made them change it, and they just added the 182. Mark said it has absolutely no meaning and it was just pulled off the top of his head while they were on the phone with the label about the lawsuit.

They've said this multiple times, it's actually on one of their DVDs (can't remember which one).

They've said this multiple times, it's actually on one of their DVDs (can't remember which one).

No shit...but do we all really believe there's no meaning and it's just a random number? I'm saying that they chose this number as a tribute to where they are from, and then made up a bunch of stories to keep it a mystery..

"the number of times al pacino says fuck in scarface" has also been a rumored reason for the 182. Whether it was unconscious or not, I really think this plane crash had something to do with them picking that number..could just be a weird coincidence though. 

That's not it.

Their original name was blink, but changed it because an Irish electronica artist was already using that name, and threatening to sue. So the label they were on made them change it, and they just added the 182. Mark said it has absolutely no meaning and it was just pulled off the top of his head while they were on the phone with the label about the lawsuit.

Of course I'm familiar with this story. They tacked on the number so they wouldn't get sued by the other blink, I'm saying this plane crash was a direct influence on them choosing "182" seemingly out of nowhere...

Of course I'm familiar with this story. They tacked on the number so they wouldn't get sued by the other blink, I'm saying this plane crash was a direct influence on them choosing "182" seemingly out of nowhere...

This is super interesting man, 

I wonder if maybe it was a subconscious thing...like they did pull the number out of thin air, but because of them growing up around the time of this accident that number stuck out to them...even though they thought it was random, it really wasn't because it was a number embedded in their brains from the time they were little...

This is super interesting man, 

I wonder if maybe it was a subconscious thing...like they did pull the number out of thin air, but because of them growing up around the time of this accident that number stuck out to them...even though they thought it was random, it really wasn't because it was a number embedded in their brains from the time they were little...

This guy gets it! 

Hahaha, alright dude. Good luck with cracking the code.

Ha, not trying to be a dick. Personally I've never believed the "it has no meaning and was totally random" story. I just thought this was an interesting piece of San Diego history that I had never known before, which could have influenced the seemingly random nature of the 182...

They may have also thought that it may be misconstrued as disrespectful to the families of those who lost their lives that day. Also very possible it was a subconscious thing..I tried tweeting at Mark but of course he didn't respond.

After reading this, I'd be pretty confident that this theory is correct.

Actually, it'd be pretty hard for them to disprove, if you're going for the 'subconscious influence' angle. Even if they say it had nothing to do with the plane crash, who's to say?

This is way more believable than the Scarface deal, or how many times they masturbated in one day.