Whole show was fantastic. If you just watch the show and don't internet fanboy it then you can't be let down. I was completely ready for at least rust if not both of them to die. The fact that they live I felt was a bit of a twist ending. They got their justice. But it's still not done. Kinda gives me the feeling that there is always more to be done. You can spend your whole life doing something but at some point you just have to accept that you can't do everything. The acting was off the charts. The scenes between Marty and rust are classic. Enough was answered that I don't feel a void. Can't see Matthew m not winning for this show.

Really excited for a second season. I'll probably wait for them all to air before I watch them just so I don't have to wait a week every time.

All of this mirrors my sentiments.

So, I was just talking to a buddy about this.  It's POSSIBLE that the 5 horsemen are dead.

Ledeux, Childress, Tuttle, Errol, Errol's father.

Might be a stretch, but... those were the people connected to the case and they are all dead.

after the Toby interview I figured the combo of reggie/dewall/errol weren't any of the five main guys running the cult or whatever it may be. Toby mentioned multiple men in masks and animal faces but three younger guys without masks, one of which had scars all over his face. 

after the Toby interview I figured the combo of reggie/dewall/errol weren't any of the five main guys running the cult or whatever it may be. Toby mentioned multiple men in masks and animal faces but three younger guys without masks, one of which had scars all over his face. 

I thought it was "only one took their mask off, he had scars all over his face."

Which runs with the most famous line from The King in Yellow:

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask. Stranger: Indeed? Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you. Stranger: I wear no mask. Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!  

His mask is his disfigurement.  They reference it again later when he is stabbing rust and Errol says "Take off your mask!"

If not dead, the cult isn't necessarily active anymore. 

If Sam Tuttle was say the ring leader with a bunch of other Childress's and Tuttle's rounding it out Erroll could have been forced to do a lot of the killing and unsavory stuff at the behest of "elders". The show implies the earliest related killing is what, 1987? How old did Errol even look? 

I didn't watch for continuity but isn't it probable he wasn't the leader of the dressed up fellows?

If not dead, the cult isn't necessarily active anymore. 

If Sam Tuttle was say the ring leader with a bunch of other Childress's and Tuttle's rounding it out Erroll could have been forced to do a lot of the killing and unsavory stuff at the behest of "elders". The show implies the earliest related killing is what, 1987? How old did Errol even look? 

I didn't watch for continuity but isn't it probable he wasn't the leader of the dressed up fellows?

I think people believe that Errol's father was the leader, and Errol just sort of inherited it.

he said something like "they didn't all have animal faces..three younger men, i don't remember them. just one. he had bad scars." etc..

I can't find the script right now, but I am almost positive that JJ Johnny Joni character Rust meets at the bar says "one younger man took off his mask, he had scars all across his face" something along those lines.

EDIT: Found the script.  You're quote was much closer to what he actually says. But he just said that 3 younger men didn't wear masks, didn't mention how many others there were. Plus he says himself his memory/account is fucked up and felt like a dream.

Oh well - we'll never know but it's fun to play around with it!

I think people believe that Errol's father was the leader, and Errol just sort of inherited it.

I can't find the script right now, but I am almost positive that JJ Johnny Joni character Rust meets at the bar says "one younger man took off his mask, he had scars all across his face" something along those lines.

Yeah sure. But that could mean that his father was a smart, well-connected man while Errol was a back water idiot. Thus, the dissolution of the cult stuff when daddy went away. 

First off, I really, really loved this little mini-series. It was fantastic. I didn't find out about the internet hype about who the killer might be till later and I was surprised to find out so many people disliked it and I thought of Marty's line "I was so busy staring at the clues, I missed what was in front of me the whole time." 

I feel like this wasn't the type of show people wanted it badly to be and honestly I loved it for that.

Didn't some of the clothing in the pile at Carcosa match DNA to Dora & the other victims they knew about?>

That doesn't create any conflict on how we were reading it. I don't think? My assumption was that was the place used by the cult in the 80s - 90s or before. The question isn't whether Erroll is guilt of something, more of a question of how much and did he have some type of leadership role within that cult itself.

I'm on the fence between he did most of it and therefore is a pretty poorly written or imagined character, or he was involved but not as a major player in the conspiracy of it all. If that makes sense. 

Yeah, that once is hard to rectify. I mean, I guess he could be the primary dude for everything but fuck if he didn't seem too simple to pull that shit off. 

We really don't know who he is because he was given all of 5 minutes total in the entire season before episode 8. I don't know if he was "the main dude". I'd guess some of the higher positioned members of the extended family held higher power than he did, but who knows?