• 2 months later...

The "religious institute" is about 15 minutes from my house and was my grandmas church so I've spent plenty of Christmas and Easter masses in it as well as weddings and funerals so that was cool. Really beautiful church overlooking the pacific and on a clear day you can see Catalina Island.

I thought Vaughn was alright honestly! The first season opened with the occult, in an environment a lot of shows don't show with Wooderson totally selling those absurd monologues. It was intriguing from the get go.

Season 2 starts in a city done to death, with double the characters to establish in a plot that feels familiar. It's a tougher row to hoe, but I guess you sort of have to wait until the end to really judge a good mystery. I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. For better or worse, I think we've seen what is at the table this season.

I didn't love the Cohen song as the opener, though I like Cohen.

Opening theme was balls, imo.

Additionally they really tread the "unlovable lead character that you cant help but love" path last season.

If they are trying again, they're going to have a hard time of it. Because motorcycle cop is terrible and I wish he had just crashed his bike so we'd be done with him already. Colin Farrell is a psychopath who should be nowhere near that rapists' child. NAWM SAYING.

I don't mind Rachel McAdams' character yet, I just hope they don't keep revisiting her relationship with her sister and father cuz idgaf. Hopefully that was just to build her character as the only sane one in a bunch of psychos type of thing.

I really don't know. Whole story was super weak. 

Completely forgot to watch this last night. I'll catch it on HBO Go tonight. After reading some of your guys' comments I'm curious to see what I'll think of it. The first season was so incredibly good, but I've had my doubts about the second season ever since it was announced that Vaughn and Farrell were playing the main characters. Kinda doubt this season will be able to live up to the first, but we'll see.