Amazing: your cremation ashes pressed INSIDE vinyl

Derek™

:(man... idk what to say. You couldn't die though. You had to finish some epic artwork and father a beautiful little girl!

One of my buddies randomly asked me one day "what would you do if I gave you my whole record collection?" He has more than me and I kinda laughed it off. He told me later that he was contemplating suicide, had the note written, and was going to leave me all of his records. I was just speechless.

It sounds like this didn't JUST happen, right? Because, god damn, that shit is scary. I hope your friend is ok and if not you can encourage him to get some help. Depression can be fucking brutal.

It sounds like this didn't JUST happen, right? Because, god damn, that shit is scary. I hope your friend is ok and if not you can encourage him to get some help. Depression can be fucking brutal.

Yeah things have been looking up for him lately. At that point I knew that depression was always something that he struggled with but never to that extent.

And Charlie I'm honored.

I'd want my ashes pressed into a one-off of a comp of my favorite songs. Then as for my records I would give them to friends who truly appreciate them, or give them to my children/soon to be little siblings to give them something good to listen to while they grow up. 

This topic is routinely discussed in another hobby I've been involved in most of my life, as the demographics are much different than the VC boards (read: older dudes, similar male : female ratio), and the collections  with rare items can range from 3 to 5 digits as an average. But there are the 7+ digit skyscrapers as well. This should be part of revocable trust (to keep out of probate) or a will at a minimum.

Our kids who are interested in that hobby get that stuff and the ones into vinyl get dibs, then my younger brother. I actually gave him all of my original 70's/80's vinyl when I got tired of lugging it around and listening to it. He sold off most for Grateful Dead bootlegs, but managed to  save about 20 of my favorites (King Crimson (even some boots), Gabriel, and a Yes bootleg).  He's a good little bro' - takes my kids to concerts when I'm not up to it, especially when Rush is within a 2 to 3 mile radius.

Never hurts to talk about things ahead of time, and when people like Zach's friend say things like that, it also may be prudent to ask how life is going.