The COMMUNITY (service) Thread

it's already been mentioned, but opportunity cost: 1) go to work for two days, make a couple hundred dollars, lose thousands in financial aid; or 2) miss work, miss out on a couple hundred dollars, do community service, keep thousands in financial aid, play with kitties. sounds like an easy decision.

I haven't really heard an online class have a "community service" requirement. That said, yeah thats where you REALLY read the syllabus. Like 60 times over. I finished one in January for my Masters and I kept finding assignments. So you make a document explaining IN YOUR OWN WORDS the requirements. Also e-mail/contact the professor to double check the requirement in YOUR OWN WORDS. This is where contact is even more critical since you're not getting chummy with the people "in class."

It's an online class if that helps any questions about our professor not telling us anything. It is literally 90% useless information. I guess I just forgot to read 1%. If anyone takes online classes, you'll know what I'm talking about. 

No, I have no clue what you're talking about. 

I'm an online college student and the professors do not go over any material with us. 

That's part of being an online student. You're given the freedom to do your work on your own time but you are expected to be responsible, read all of the material throughly, and get your shit done.

Don't take online classes if you need to be talked through every aspect of your college education.

Shit man, I'm sorry if everyone here never makes mistakes, and has to ask for help. I forgot you guys are all cyborgs programmed to not fuck up. There's no need to be repetitive I understand I fucked up. You're just preaching to the choir buddy. 

And for everyone who gave me helpful suggestion, thanks. 

No one is acting like they don't fuck up, kiddo. 

The fact of the matter is, you were irresponsible and then you fake taking responsibility by saying "I know it's my fault" but the truth is, you're still sitting here and blaming it on your syllabus being too boring to read and being 90% useless information. 

People here are more than happy to help, but don't expect everyone to feel sorry for you. 

We all fuck up, we all own up to our mistakes and rise to the occasion to fix them. (EDIT: except Jhook, Jhook woke up like this. Flawless.)

You've been given some great solutions to your problems by people here, so instead of bitching on the internet about your problems...go out and get your 15 hours community service.

Everyone who can only add and not infer. 90% of it was information that was unimportant. I read 9% of the important shit. left out the 1%. And that is how you do math VC.

I'm not trying to get people to feel sorry for me. in asking for help. Feeling sorry for me doesn't help me. But sorry if I don't respond kindly to rose who are NOT helping, that's just wasting my time an yours.

Feeling sorry for me doesn't help me. But sorry if I don't respond kindly to rose who are NOT helping, that's just wasting my time an yours.

Speaking of wasting time...shouldn't you be volunteering right now instead of arguing with people on the internet?