What was the first record you ever bought?

After a 15 year break from owning any records I sent $18 to Skunk Records in 1998 for 40 oz. to Freedom.   At the time I did not even own a TT and just used push pins to hang the record on the wall.   About 3 years later I purchased an all-in-one Crosley Unit and finally played the LP in 2001.   Still own the record, with two pin holes, and will be the last LP I ever sell or give away.  

I'm pretty sure it was a 7".   I cant quite remember which was first, but it was either Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers,  Hacksaw Jim Duggan or 2 Unlimited.   (All choice selections).

Then the first LP I bought was Cypress Hill - Black Sunday when I was like 11 years old.... could explain my love of the 'erb in later life. 

First ones I remember buying were:

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry

MC5 - Back in the USA

Both bought at the same time from the same record stall in a local market around 2001/2. About £10 for both I think. Still have them, both still great.

First record I remember being "mine" (bought by parents just for me):

The Simpsons - Sing the Blues

Got it on holiday in about 1993.

--

Since I'm here, first CD I bought with my own money:

The Cardigans - Gran Turismo

Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Singles boxset.  I bought it new from Car City Records in St. Clair Shores.  

I was way into CD's at the time but would pick up my favorite bands' stuff on vinyl if I saw it.  I knew I had to have this the second I ran across it.

After that, it was Green Day's 39/Smooth, Nirvana Unplugged, NOFX "Liza and Louise" & "Fuck the Kids" not long after. 

First record I bought was Black Sabbath - Sabatoge. Bought it when I was 7 back in 1991 or so. I had various records already at the time but they were all hand me downs from siblings. The Sabbath LP was the first that I actually purchased myself. Been buying records and other formats ever since.