PO: Dikembe - Mediumship

We don't have our copies of the record yet, but they should be shipping to us within the next couple of days.  Obviously it's going to take some time to assemble everything and pack up all the pre-orders, but it looks like we'll be way ahead of our original August shipping projection ... which is nice.

We don't have our copies of the record yet, but they should be shipping to us within the next couple of days. Obviously it's going to take some time to assemble everything and pack up all the pre-orders, but it looks like we'll be way ahead of our original August shipping projection ... which is nice.

How often have you heard this in the past couple years?!

How often have you heard this in the past couple years?!

How often have I heard it from the pressing plant ... or how often have I said it?  Rarely, and maybe once or twice.

In this case, I did a lot of begging a pleading in order to get these records finished before Dikembe's tour. Until last week, I wasn't sure if it was going to work out.  But it did, and they're done earlier than we thought!

How often have I heard it from the pressing plant ... or how often have I said it? Rarely, and maybe once or twice.

In this case, I did a lot of begging a pleading in order to get these records finished before Dikembe's tour. Until last week, I wasn't sure if it was going to work out. But it did, and they're done earlier than we thought!

I was just referring to all the delays in the past couple years with the vinyl craze growing. It's awesome to hear that something is ahead of schedule.

Too bad they didn't pull an AJJ and make the crazy/coolest looking record the most available, regardless I have super high hopes for this record!

Labels are definitely starting to do more of that. I also think it equates to more sales to be honest. /100 black, and /500 rainbow splatter? I NEED BOTH! /100 rainbow splatter, and /500 black? Then I say more people just grab the /100.

Also, not saying it's a bad thing. I think it's cool when a less limited variant is awesome looking, because more people can grab one.

Too bad they didn't pull an AJJ and make the crazy/coolest looking record the most available, regardless I have super high hopes for this record!

Labels are definitely starting to do more of that. I also think it equates to more sales to be honest. /100 black, and /500 rainbow splatter? I NEED BOTH! /100 rainbow splatter, and /500 black? Then I say more people just grab the /100.

Also, not saying it's a bad thing. I think it's cool when a less limited variant is awesome looking, because more people can grab one.

After releasing nearly 40 records, it has become pretty clear to me that even if we're talking about the most rare variant, most kids aren't all that into black vinyl ... which is too bad cause it actually sounds the best.  Much less surface imperfections than colored vinyl.  Less prone to warpage as well.

And while I can't speak for other labels, the percentage of customers buying package deals from Tiny Engines - whether it's 2, 3 or 4 variants - is quite low.  Especially for LPs.  I'm not sure why that is; maybe our bands just aren't at that level yet, but either way it doesn't equate to more sales.

Also, from a financial standpoint, it cost about 99 cents each for black 12-inch LP.  Starburst is $2.36.  It would be a huge cost increase if we did starburst in larger quantities.  Again, we're not at a point where we can afford that.

After releasing nearly 40 records, it has become pretty clear to me that even if we're talking about the most rare variant, most kids aren't all that into black vinyl ... which is too bad cause it actually sounds the best. Much less surface imperfections than colored vinyl. Less prone to warpage as well.

And while I can't speak for other labels, the percentage of customers buying package deals from Tiny Engines - whether it's 2, 3 or 4 variants - is quite low. Especially for LPs. I'm not sure why that is; maybe our bands just aren't at that level yet, but either way it doesn't equate to more sales.

Also, from a financial standpoint, it cost about 99 cents each for black 12-inch LP. Starburst is $2.36. It would be a huge cost increase if we did starburst in larger quantities. Again, we're not at a point where we can afford that.

I quite like my TE first press limited starburst collection, don't change a thing!