Do You Buy Doubles of Records?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else buys doubles (or more) of their favorite records. Which have you bought? Why do you/don't you buy multiple copies of your favorite records? I'm just really interested to hear all of your opinions. 

I recently bought 2 copies of Chiodos "Alls Well That Ends Well" (and Dikembe's "Broad Shoulders") because that's one of my top 10 favorite records of all time and if my copy ever got a skip or something I wouldn't want to have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for another copy. Or worse, not be able to find a copy of it 20-30 years down the road. 

Considering the volatility of records in regards to seemingly no discernible time when they go oop I definitely do with my favorite bands (NIN, Cannibal Corpse, Marilyn Manson, etc.) And if they're specifically limited in quantity I will so in case something happens to my first copy I have a back-up & like you said, wont have to pay an exorbitant amount once they sell out.

Have doubles of NIN: With Teeth, Downward Spiral repress, Year Zero / Manson's Antichrist HT repress & Mechanical Animals / every Cannibal Corpse album, etc...

Nope, if my record was a shitty copy, I'd e-mail the record label and tell them about it and just go from there.

I do have 2 Wild Nothings Empty Estate EPS though. One is red and scratched with an annoying pop in it and the standard plays perfect. Should probably hang the red as album art

Guest deleted

Yes, for a backup if I really like them and yes if I can help to recoup some of the $20 that shipping seems to be averaging these days.

I would be surprised in 30 years you listen to Chiodos

I mean I doubt they'll be a daily spin, but it will definitely be a nice treat to "rediscover" the album so to speak or show my kids the bands I used to listen to. My parents gave me all their old records and it really brought us closure together because we bonded over the music that they loved. 

Guest deleted

I mean I doubt they'll be a daily spin, but it will definitely be a nice treat to "rediscover" the album so to speak or show my kids the bands I used to listen to. My parents gave me all their old records and it really brought us closure together because we bonded over the music that they loved. 

Did they buy two copies?

I've bought a couple tour presses that I already owned a copy of because I went to a show and wanted to support the band.

Other than that I have 7 copies of The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever so I can listen to a different one each day of the week.

My first set of doubles will be the new Jack White record, one vault edition for my girlfriend and a copy for us to play worry free. I don't do that variant collecting thing. I do however have a CBS master sound version of Springsteen's "Darkness on the Edge of town", and a regular copy so I guess it depends on how much you love a particular record.