PO NOW: Have Mercy "A Place Of Our Own"

RadDonut

God that song was SO FUCKING BAD. Fastest turnaround ever as far as me liking a band goes, this pisses me off.

Ok I'll go now please don't hurt me

The solo was absolutely atrocious.  It sounded like a kid fucking with a guitar in one of his first lessons.  

But yeah, I've lost all interest in these guys.  I could tell I wasn't going to like the direction they chose with the Daisyhead split, and without sounding like too much of a snob, all hope died when I saw they signed to Hopeless, pardon the pun.  When I think of Hopeless I just think of cotton candy and All Time Low. 

Even The Earth Pushed Back doesn't do much for me anymore, and I loved it when it came out.  I think a heavier sound (than their first LP) would have suited these guys better, instead of the opposite.

I'm not getting the hate for this new song. Guys it sounds like a B Side from The Earth Pushed Back and it just didn't make the album cut. Yes the guitar solo is a little cheesy and yes their songs on the Daisy Head split were terrible but this song screams Have Mercy to me. Also, this is only one song off of the album! I've listened to it about 6 times now and each time I find myself liking it more. Give it a chance.

Not to mention I remember the lead singer tweeting about passing through a check stop drunk or some shit like that.  Fuck that.

Just to expand on this, I follow some of the dudes on instagram and they look like the biggest dicks/douchebags/losers that I've ever seen in bands. The chubby guy seems really cool but the lead singer seems like such a tool. It feels as if they like the whole "rock n roll" aspect of being in a band and just partying and having a great time. I'm not saying that is a terrible thing but it just seems a bit excessive. I feel like a lot of the emotion in their music is lost a long the way when I see them that way. Band perception man..it can change how you feel and hear the music.

Disclaimer: I know a ton of bands party hard and smoke weed and yada yada yada. I'm not trying to start the guilt train here or anything I'm just stating what I feel when I see them that way. CARRY ON

I agree with Justin. It definitely sounds like a B-side or a song they wanted to put on their first album, but didn't have room for it. Hopefully some of the newer songs have progressed a little more than this one, but it's not terrible.  I really enjoy their live performances as well. I've never gotten the d-bag vibe from them and when they play at shows they are always professional, aka not wasted out of their minds.  Typically I get more of a gay vibe than a douche bag one. Sure they like to drink and have fun, who doesn't like to have fun at shows?!?  All the dudes have been super friendly when they come through San Antonio. Stand up guys, IMO.  :D

Yeah i don't get the hate on this single. Very close to TEPB, but i agree the guitar solo is terrible. 

I think it's the whole "Hopeless" thing that's making you guys run away from it. 

Sure the split was also "ok," but nothing terrible. I think i'm going to take a chance on this. 

Not expecting it to blow me away though.

I think it's the whole "Hopeless" thing that's making you guys run away from it.

Actually yea that is one of my annoyances as I don't enjoy Hopeless records for the absurd amount of generic pop punk bands on that label. Kinda feels like they sold out to the label who pushed them to keep the same sound.