Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Monastic_mike

Ministry: Necronomicon

Recommended Posts

So I know "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up Live" was recently put out my MOV. But as anyone familiar with this release knows, what you get is a fraction of the concert. Well Ministry has the COMPLETE concert on vinyl, limited to 500 copies.

 

Features Jello Biafra, Ogre of SP along with the entire 14 track show!

 

https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/live-necronomicon

 

You're welcome :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the songs not including in the original LP except for Breathe were cover songs that Warner probably didn't want to have to pay to include. I don't think they are very good either.

I don't know why Breathe wasn't including on the LP originally but it was on the VHS version of the concert.

Edited by 74R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice collection, thanks for sharing. I have a bootleg CD I got in the 90s that has some of these covers including Skinny Puppy's Smothered Hope. Don't recall what others, but the sound was shit. 

 

So is this a straight recording of a single show? Not a collection of different live tracks from different shows?

 

I agree the cover art sucks compared to In Case...

 

Tempted to get one of these but still not sure. I love In Case... but maybe because it's a manageable length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeromium said:

Nice collection, thanks for sharing. I have a bootleg CD I got in the 90s that has some of these covers including Skinny Puppy's Smothered Hope. Don't recall what others, but the sound was shit. 

 

So is this a straight recording of a single show? Not a collection of different live tracks from different shows?

 

I agree the cover art sucks compared to In Case...

 

Tempted to get one of these but still not sure. I love In Case... but maybe because it's a manageable length. 

Its the complete Indiana show that was recorded and subsequently released (partially) as In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up Live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my copy yesterday.  It's nice to have the complete show, but I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest. Can't compare sound quality to the recent MOV repress of In Case... but this sounded flat to me.  And for the price, I would have expected a bit nicer presentation.  The vinyl is 145 gram, and the sleeve is fairly thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webdoggy said:

Got my copy yesterday.  It's nice to have the complete show, but I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest. Can't compare sound quality to the recent MOV repress of In Case... but this sounded flat to me.  And for the price, I would have expected a bit nicer presentation.  The vinyl is 145 gram, and the sleeve is fairly thin.

Did yours ship out of California? I got tracking today but no idea what for. I was guessing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 7:50 AM, webdoggy said:

Got my copy yesterday.  It's nice to have the complete show, but I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest. Can't compare sound quality to the recent MOV repress of In Case... but this sounded flat to me.  And for the price, I would have expected a bit nicer presentation.  The vinyl is 145 gram, and the sleeve is fairly thin.

That's because In Case.. isn't the true live recording of the show, it was partially re-recorded in a studio and overdubbed to the moon and back, including re-recording and replacing all the vocals (most evident on Thieves which Ogre sang at the show but on In Case... it has Al's vocals on instead).

 

I saw them on this tour and had countless bootleg tapes of the show including this one (though nowhere near the good sound quality of this new LP release). It always pissed me off how much of that In Case... record was bullshit re-recordings and I've always hated that record as a result.

 

Needless to say I'm ecstatic with this new live album which is the true live recording of the show. I happily forked over the cash for one despite the crappy cover art. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mxv said:

That's because In Case.. isn't the true live recording of the show, it was partially re-recorded in a studio and overdubbed to the moon and back, including re-recording and replacing all the vocals (most evident on Thieves which Ogre sang at the show but on In Case... it has Al's vocals on instead).

 

I saw them on this tour and had countless bootleg tapes of the show including this one (though nowhere near the good sound quality of this new LP release). It always pissed me off how much of that In Case... record was bullshit re-recordings and I've always hated that record as a result.

 

Needless to say I'm ecstatic with this new live album which is the true live recording of the show. I happily forked over the cash for one despite the crappy cover art. 

That is interesting. While listening through it I did get the feeling several of the songs seemed different. Hadn't compared back to back though.  Thanks for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mxv said:

That's because In Case.. isn't the true live recording of the show, it was partially re-recorded in a studio and overdubbed to the moon and back, including re-recording and replacing all the vocals (most evident on Thieves which Ogre sang at the show but on In Case... it has Al's vocals on instead).

 

I saw them on this tour and had countless bootleg tapes of the show including this one (though nowhere near the good sound quality of this new LP release). It always pissed me off how much of that In Case... record was bullshit re-recordings and I've always hated that record as a result.

 

Needless to say I'm ecstatic with this new live album which is the true live recording of the show. I happily forked over the cash for one despite the crappy cover art. 

I never knew this. Now that I think about it, Ogre did do the vocals and the ones on In Case were definitely not his. I must be losing it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 1:44 AM, jack8urt0n said:

Fuck that cover art though.

I assume that it's supposed to look like the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead films / TV series. After spending a few minutes trying to place it, it actually makes me think of a Necronomicon-ised version of the cover of Scorpions - Blackout. They are a band well known for appalling cover art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mxv said:

That's because In Case.. isn't the true live recording of the show, it was partially re-recorded in a studio and overdubbed to the moon and back, including re-recording and replacing all the vocals (most evident on Thieves which Ogre sang at the show but on In Case... it has Al's vocals on instead).

 

I saw them on this tour and had countless bootleg tapes of the show including this one (though nowhere near the good sound quality of this new LP release). It always pissed me off how much of that In Case... record was bullshit re-recordings and I've always hated that record as a result.

 

Needless to say I'm ecstatic with this new live album which is the true live recording of the show. I happily forked over the cash for one despite the crappy cover art. 

I wasn't aware of this - thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×