Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute on RSD

gmoney

I cant wait for this. Can't even wait for more info from Travis.

Really dumb noob question but where is the best place to get in on the record store day stuff? I assume that list on the first page of this thread is some of the record store day items?

I mean Waterloo in Austin is a big record store (I prefer others in Austin but they have the most new stuff). I am in Houston but always drive to Austin and would if necessary...

Any advice is appreciated.

im so glad travis is a member of this board

this x 100000000

not that i care much about Hot Topic exclusives but it's nice to buy records for a reasonable amount when i do go in the store. and it's nice to know the vinyl buyer of a corporate chain is on this board himself as a fan and to talk business. super helpful. i really don't get all the hate. i was buying vinyl at Hot Topic in like 1996, they had a good selection even back then.

some of that UK list is crazy from last year. it'd have been nice to get some of those Wichita releases in the states. there's always a trade off. so many UK-based labels (Domino, Wichita, etc) get their exclusives in too.

and whatever THIS is, i'm in.

Deftones - Covers Vinyl LP

Label: Warner Bros

fuck, i hope W&T is really happening and i know it's going to be missing Convectuoso which will bum me out. :-\

im so glad travis is a member of this board

this x 100000000

not that i care much about Hot Topic exclusives but it's nice to buy records for a reasonable amount when i do go in the store. and it's nice to know the vinyl buyer of a corporate chain is on this board himself as a fan and to talk business. super helpful.

Sheeeeit, I exalt that nigga almost every time I see him.

Really dumb noob question but where is the best place to get in on the record store day stuff? I assume that list on the first page of this thread is some of the record store day items?

I mean Waterloo in Austin is a big record store (I prefer others in Austin but they have the most new stuff). I am in Houston but always drive to Austin and would if necessary...

Hopefully Vinyl Junkie gets in on the RSD action.

Guest dunnnope

I actually called Music Town in Spring last year and asked them to hold some of the stuff they'd be getting for me. They don't get a huge amount or all of the offered stuff, but they do get a chunk of it.

daniel and dunnnope, thanks for the heads up. i guess my best bet will be to call some places and see all what they are getting.

is the rsd thread my best bet for knowing what all will be dropping that day (regardless of location of course) that way i can have a "master" list and see what all i may want to track down for that weekend....

thanks again guys i appreciate the advice.

If you are in Houston, Cactus Music gets all the RSD stuff and you should get there early to ensure you can pick up what you want.