17 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

nice love the stones, I have recently got clean original pressings of exile on main st (no post cards but it's almost NM) and Sticky Fingers with the zipper cover (edit: this is the 74 pressing with the zipper cover) and black & blue

Ah sweet. I am missing Exile on Main St as my original pressing set - I'll have to sort that out soon! Stones are awesome, listened to their new album?

23 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Man, I get way to tired of sitting to do that long of a session!

I'm like a rock when it comes to getting worked on, so 5 or 6 or 7 hour sittings give me no fright at all. I let the artist tire out before I give in no matter how bad it's aching, but I unusually eat right after then sleep like a dead man. I think people that don't have large pieces have no clue exactly how exhausting it is getting that much done at once. Congrats on having such a good repertoire with your artist too @The Butcha. Even $125 an hour is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for decent work these days in most places. I was told Paul Booth runs somewhere in the $300+ an hour range...

3 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I'm like a rock when it comes to getting worked on, so 5 or 6 or 7 hour sittings give me no fright at all. I let the artist tire out before I give in no matter how bad it's aching, but I unusually eat right after then sleep like a dead man. I think people that don't have large pieces have no clue exactly how exhausting it is getting that much done at once.

It's not even the tattoo work that gets me, I just have trouble sitting for so long.  Even a 2 hour movie is hard for me to stay seated for, it's a large reason why I like to watch movies at home now.

I'm with you there. I always need to get up and move around after a bit. It take me forever to watch movies anymore, I need to pause a lot and move around.

In one of those weird moods where nothing is fun or interesting. I don't feel like watching anything or listening to any music. I was just staring at the ceiling thinking for a while.

I'm with you there. I always need to get up and move around after a bit. It take me forever to watch movies anymore, I need to pause a lot and move around.

In one of those weird moods where nothing is fun or interesting. I don't feel like watching anything or listening to any music. I was just staring at the ceiling thinking for a while.

7 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

Ah sweet. I am missing Exile on Main St as my original pressing set - I'll have to sort that out soon! Stones are awesome, listened to their new album?

yeah I really dig it, but I don't dig the price tag on the lp, but the CD is brickwalled to shit and the lp does sound fantastic, pressed at MPO. My friend has a copy. It's really a return to their original blues sound.

7 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

yeah I really dig it, but I don't dig the price tag on the lp, but the CD is brickwalled to shit and the lp does sound fantastic, pressed at MPO. My friend has a copy. It's really a return to their original blues sound.

14 hours ago, jonrawks said:

It's not even the tattoo work that gets me, I just have trouble sitting for so long.  Even a 2 hour movie is hard for me to stay seated for, it's a large reason why I like to watch movies at home now.

The only nice part of having my legs or rear of my arms worked on is the fact I get to lay down the entire time so that does help. If you go somewhere that isn't trying to stick you in a folding chair you're lucky 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

37 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Amazon is amazing. I ordered an air purifier on Friday, it shipped yesterday and arrived today on a Sunday from UPS. Can't beat that. Hopefully cleaning up the air in my bedroom will fix my allergies a bit and not make my immune system active all the time, which can make you sick easier.

I've had a few things that qualified for same day delivery.  Still a little blown away that I can order something in the morning and have it on my doorstep in the evening.

31 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I've had a few things that qualified for same day delivery.  Still a little blown away that I can order something in the morning and have it on my doorstep in the evening.

I don't have prime, which is why I was more surprised. They just opened an Amazon store here, so if I had prime, I could pick certain things up the same day. Same day shipping does sound awesome.

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't have prime, which is why I was more surprised. They just opened an Amazon store here, so if I had prime, I could pick certain things up the same day. Same day shipping does sound awesome.

I'm piggy backing on my brother's account :)  I'd probably pay for it at this point, but I don't plan on it until I absolutely have to.

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I can't remember was T-bones the Zombie Lover's handle is anymore, but you gurl, if you want some Hellboy comics hit me up.

i'm interested for sure.  I need to get some paychecks coming in first though.  Also I'm planning on visiting Portland at some point so I'll let you know, maybe a few of us can all hang out?  I want to believe it's a simple train ride from Seattle to Portland but I don't know.

19 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

Have you gone to the amazon go store or is it even opened yet?  I'm definitely gonna check that out.

Last I saw, it was still for Amazon employees only.  It's not too far from my work and I've walked by it.  I'm going to check it out once it's open to the public and the hype has died down a bit.

15 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

I want to believe it's a simple train ride from Seattle to Portland but I don't know.

Super simple and quite enjoyable too!  Train wifi leaves a lot to be desired though, haha.

Edited by jonrawks

28 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

i'm interested for sure.  I need to get some paychecks coming in first though.  Also I'm planning on visiting Portland at some point so I'll let you know, maybe a few of us can all hang out?  I want to believe it's a simple train ride from Seattle to Portland but I don't know.

These will be free ;) I offered them to Jon and he's taking #6, but 1-5 are yours.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

These will be free ;) I offered them to Jon and he's taking #6, but 1-5 are yours.

ahhhhh yessssss. thank you!  I'm excited about getting them.  Okay i'll let you know exactly when I'll be in town. There is a big tech conference I want to go to around May but I'm thinking I may visit Portland for a weekend in March. 

24 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Last I saw, it was still for Amazon employees only.  It's not too far from my work and I've walked by it.  I'm going to check it out once it's open to the public and the hype has died down a bit.

Super simple and quite enjoyable too!  Train wifi leaves a lot to be desired though, haha.

nice!  I'm really looking forward to checking it out!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic