californians was great the first 3 times. i would do the voice and have my parents on the floor laughing.

but it's one of those skits that doesn't have any longevity whatsoever. it's just the same damn joke.

you can say the same thing about what's up with that... but then sudekis jumps in and i lose it. 

the californians almost didn't make it to air. got kept at the last minute as the last sketch. steve martin made a cameo the first time it aired. i thought it was stupid, but people liked it because they couldn't believe steve martin would be in such a dumb skit. because of the reception, it slowly moved toward the front of the broadcast, and last week it was the first post-monologue sketch. i thought it was so dumb the first few times, but now that i've seen it so much, it has gotten funnier. i've felt the same way about the "lawrence welk" show and "what up with that?".

"What Up With That?" was the dumbest sketch I had ever seen, but once I saw it a bunch, it quickly became my favorite sketch. The random cameos, sudeikis dancing, fred on the sax, hader as lindsey buckingham, it's all fantastic. The sketch makes me like Kenan too. Hopefully they'll do it at least once more this week. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Hader came back once in a while just to sit in as Lindsey Buckingham.

bring back Norm Macdonald for EVERYTHING HE'S EVER DONE.

Seriously, that guy is one of the funniest dudes ever, but has made a career out of having a failing career.

i forget whose roast it was, but norm provided one of the driest corniest routines of all time.. and it was amazing.

there was also a time when i showed up at a bar not realizing he had just performed. it was such a bummer seeing all those happy people filing out once i found out it was his show.

Seth Meyers was on the Today show either this morning or yesterday and said he will continue to do Update for the first half of the season while doing Late Night. I don't think I could ever have half the dedication he does.

That's good to hear. I'm sure they'll switch back to 2 anchors and it will be him and the person who will eventually take over.

I love SNL.  I love the californians, I love this cast, I love all the old casts, I love it all.  

I've watched SNL regularly since high school (15+ years) and always liked seeing new castmembers.  Sometimes it sucks to see your favorites move on, but they can't stay forever the show thrives on diversity and new flavor.  All the reruns from the 70s-90s rule also.

Hitting all the main topics:

- I think the show is hit and miss but I can't help but watch it.

- I like most of the cast, but the standouts are Jay Pharoah, Bobby Moynihan, and Kate McKinnon.

- Best characters/impressions: Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z/Denzel/Usher/Obama/etc, Kate McKinnon's Jodie Foster, Drunk Uncle, Cecily Strong's Girl-You-Don't-Want-To-Talk-To-At-A-Party, Stefan, and Vanessa Bayer's Jewish kid is alright too.

- Weekend Update can easily replace Seth Meyers in my opinion. He's an alright anchor, but not nearly the best. But isn't he a key writer on the show, too?

- MadTV? Seriously? What other than "Can I have yo numba?" and those Stuart skits did they do of any good?