birddog14

Handsome --- just saw this..never before on vinyl

368 posts in this topic

"The incredible lost album" makes this sound like its not the S/T but a unreleased record they did.  Is that was this is?   

Either way, bought.

It's the self titled. Peter has confirmed that they never recorded anything after. There was a long rumored second LP but those rumors were put to rest.

i saw them w/ descendents, less than jake, and guttermouth at the trocadero in SF. they were a real odd duck on that bill.

i saw them w/ descendents, less than jake, and guttermouth at the trocadero in SF. they were a real odd duck on that bill.

I saw them in Sweden and then in London while my buddy and I were traveling.  They were great..

a friend of mine told me that the label putting this out hasn't done a lot of great (quality wise) re/ releases..

does anyone have any bad / good experiences that might be telling on what sort of release this might get??

a friend of mine told me that the label putting this out hasn't done a lot of great (quality wise) re/ releases..

does anyone have any bad / good experiences that might be telling on what sort of release this might get??

I know 6131's customer service leaves something to be desired.

Man, reading about the label kinda has me a little bit worried. I just really want the record done justice. If there was any album that deserves the "deluxe" treatment it's this one. Hope it sounds incredible. Lead Bellied? My god.

Am I an asshole for originally hoping that SRC would have eventually put this out? I love what they've been doing with album artwork and all that crap. 

Either way, I'm super excited for this. I can remember hearing Needles for the first time and rushing to The Wiz to pick up the CD. Blows my mind that these guys never blew up. Poor handling and promotion by their label.

I've never bought directly from the label, but their handling of the new Strife LP, which a friend got me the record release show version, was well done and good quality. No issues with it.

I saw them in Sweden and then in London while my buddy and I were traveling.  They were great..

We were at the same show :D  Spring/summer 1997, right?

I might have a vhs of it somewhere.