Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Seeing these guys in an hour and a half, at a super small cafe.  Tickets are $5 and I've heard great things about their live show.  Especially from friends who've caught them when they toured with Gifts From Enola, for a while there.

Also, I don't think I saw mention of these guys in this thread... but Not To Reason Why are entirely worth your time.  Looks like their album finally sold out, but I'm sure it'd still be easy to track down for cheap.  Amazing stuff.  The Book of Hours is a phenomenal listen.

Seeing these guys in an hour and a half, at a super small cafe.  Tickets are $5 and I've heard great things about their live show.  Especially from friends who've caught them when they toured with Gifts From Enola, for a while there.

Also, I don't think I saw mention of these guys in this thread... but Not To Reason Why are entirely worth your time.  Looks like their album finally sold out, but I'm sure it'd still be easy to track down for cheap.  Amazing stuff.  The Book of Hours is a phenomenal listen.

Lucky man, I'll prob never see them live. Have a great show, wear flannel ;)  and let us know how it goes! Thx for the rec,too.

I get to see ITTCT for free on Saturday :)

And then Russian Circles on Monday!

Jelly on you as well, never seen ITTCT, and they're one of my completist bands!

RC killed us this past Monday! and the place was packed well for a Monday, probably 3 times as many people as last time there. 

And you get to see Cloudkicker and Intronaut, too ! jjjjelly!

I've never really given You.May… a proper listen/chance. Perhaps I'll try.

That second link was nice.

Tycho

http://tycho.bandcamp.com/

reeeeeeallly lovin it

beautiful stuff in their store.

http://shop.iso50.com/

bought both vinyl, got download link. they say up to three downloads, obvi i took one.

http://tycho.fetchapp.com/get/bdneth

(if you like plz DL, but mention if you do)

< 1 month until their new album drops, too. Have you heard the new singles?

Yeah. They're included on my links too.

I just found out about Tycho tonight, after that other thread Derek posted them in. Wow. Lowercase Noises did a cover.

I'm in love.

Thanks deaf, I can't believe I'm so late.

Tycho and Boards of Canada are my favorite things to start my day with.  I'm a little clunky when I wake up and listening to either of them helps make my transition to a functional adult a little smoother.  I mentioned Four Tet in the other thread similar to this, but I'll mention him again.  I think his early stuff is excellent, reminds me a lot of what Tycho.

I figure this place is as good as any to post this :

My daughter will love this!  She does Rachel's, Balmorhea, and some Godspeed piano interps (can't get her to let me film her but for a few seconds though), but Cloudkicker interludes, I don't think she'd ever even though of doing that. This is really nice.

Confession:

*shels was new to me - hey we all have gaps, cut me some slack ;)  - enjoying the EPs and LPs with gusto.

Can't remember if I mentioned here before, probably not because not a *5.0* (so disclaimer is made), and they are all over the post-spectrum from heavy to ultralight: http://sleeplady.bandcamp.com/   you never know where they are going to be from one minute to the next. As memory serves, the earliest release was a bit heavier, and the latest getting ready to come out has lighter leanings, but they are still new to me - and I've been absorbing a lot recently.

ITTCT destroyed last night. Played a couple oldies which was cool, too.

They are a band I could watch play the exact same setlist every time & it would never get old.

Also, one of the guitarists has a brother who plays in this two piece "spaz-core" (as they call it) instrumental band called The Decoy. They usually open for ITTCT, and they are ridiculous. It's very destructive sounding, & not really something you can truly appreciate unless you see them face-punch you in a live setting, but they have a free 4-song EP on Bandcamp.

thedecoy1.bandcamp.com

• jhulud locked this topic