+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

Sorry for the delay on this one, guys.  (But to be fair, I totally called it.)  I know it's not the most exciting thing, but I just put the 3 of you into a random generator / name-selector, and did 10 matches at random.  The results are as follows:

REZQUA I I I I I

RY BREAD I I I I

SHENANIGANS I

Fate was not on your side, Shenanigans.  It was extremely close, but Rezqua just barely nudged out the win.  Glad to hear you're a fan of the record – after you PM me your address and submit the guidelines for your own giveaway, Rez, the record will be shipped out to you.  (Follow the template on the first page when you're ready to commence your own giveaway.)

I'd also like to mention that another member will be offering up a second record, this time around.  I'll reserve the details until Rezqua posts the conditions of the next raffle – or the new mystery donor may step up and announce his giveaway.  Whichever works.

This does not complicate the Karma Train.  The winner of the next raffle is not required to give away two records, or do anything above-and-beyond the normal rules.  They will simply be receiving two records.  One from Rezqua to keep the chain going, and another from a different user who contacted me with the sole intention of being generous.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Sorry for the delay on this one, guys.  (But to be fair, I totally called it.)  I know it's not the most exciting thing, but I just put the 3 of you into a random generator / name-selector, and did 10 matches at random.  The results are as follows:

REZQUA I I I I I

RY BREAD I I I I

SHENANIGANS I

Fate was not on your side, Shenanigans.  It was extremely close, but Rezqua just barely nudged out the win.  Glad to hear you're a fan of the record – after you PM me your address and submit the guidelines for your own giveaway, Rez, the record will be shipped out to you.  (Follow the template on the first page when you're ready to commence your own giveaway.)

I'd also like to mention that another member will be offering up a second record, this time around.  I'll reserve the details until Rezqua posts the conditions of the next raffle – or the new mystery donor may step up and announce his giveaway.  Whichever works.

This does not complicate the Karma Train.  The winner of the next raffle is not required to give away two records, or do anything above-and-beyond the normal rules.  They will simply be receiving two records.  One from Rezqua to keep the chain going, and another from a different user who contacted me with the sole intention of being generous.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Oh, cool, I win \(^o^)/ thanks!

Let me find something I can give away and I'll PM you then

For future reference, it'd be nice if participants had something worthwhile to give away before entering, as opposed to "oh shit, I won? Let me see what I can scrounge up...". Not saying you're prone to offering junk – it's just nice to have something in mind for future giveaways.

I'll give something decent, I just honestly forgot I entered

Rez basically got the first 2 in a row, then you got one, then Shenanigans, then a handful more in Rez's favor – to the point where I realized no one else could win – and then you scored the last two.  Just barely shy.

But.  It's a new week and a new giveaway.  Two giveaways, actually.  Courtesy of Rezqua, the next Karma Train award is:

CIRCA SURVIVE B-SIDES 7"
RuvWFir.jpg

And thanks to abovetheearth's generosity, we're also giving away:

MARRIAGES SALOME

11242488_927405253976399_963554040_n.jpg

With the onset of post-rock/metal's putrefaction, Marriages seem to have gotten out just in time. While the genre tag has always been really loose to begin with, one cannot deny the overt literal and thematic heaviness that the band has typically displayed. Winding passages thick with burning reverb have littered their short discography, while each song has slogged away murkily. Yet a lot has changed in the years since Marriages first made waves in 2012. But as they say, the more things change the more they stay the same, with the band doing just enough to move themselves in the right direction.

Salome is actually the debut album of Marriages. That's right, nearly three years after their first EP Kitsunethe LA trio have finally made honest go of it, and as expected, it's a charmer. They've cleaned things up a bit, polishing the buffeted surface and sanding the jagged edges. While still milking the shoegazing sound which defined Kitsune, Marriages have scaled it back a bit. In fact, just about everything has been scaled back: the heaviness, the thick atmosphere, and the psychedelic leanings.

I'm combining both of their criteria for the giveaway.  Check out the details on the first post, if you'd like to enter.

Best of luck to those interested.

Are these usually US only?

R26

///// NEWEST CONDUCTOR

Rezqua (ft. abovetheearth)

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s !

///// NEWEST PRIZES

CIRCA SURVIVE B-SIDES 7" / WHITE-GREEN SWIRL

MARRIAGES SALOME 12" /CLEAR

///// SPECIFICATIONS

CUTOFF // THURSDAY — 12 / 17 / 15

LOCATION // USA