shit people say that you can't stand

hipster is relative to where you live.  I'm the hipster of DC but I am weak at best.  I always thought a real hipster was someone who listens to stuff no one else knows about and moves on when they get popular.  That's not me.  I like Brand New.

I get called hipster all the time just because I'm young(ish), live in Portland, and wear clothes that aren't falling off of me. It's called being an adult, I can't go to work wearing jeans that are falling off my ass, and I can't see without my glasses.

They're just the popular group to hate right now, so if you're not conforming to the typical whatever, people call you hipster.

The definition of hipster is so convoluted and relative to who's using it... it honestly has no meaning in my books.  To me, it's basically a lazy copout that people use when they're struggling to put someone or something down.

This. So much.

when people make fun of people for liking bands/genres (not making fun of the actual artist)

I seriously almost quit this site because I saw that shit happening a few times 

Also

"To Be Honest..."

" I can't even"

"Legit"

Saying " In my opinion" every damn sentence

"I have no life"

"I'm so fat"

"Merica"

When couples say "we're" instead of "I'm"

"Slut"

"Faggot"

when people call things or people "gay" as an insult

"EVARRRR!"

"hash-tag ( )"

"STAPH"

when that one person speaks in lolcat

"Friend-Zone(d)"

"Feminazi"

"Freedom Of Speech" the person says as they harass someone

When people joke about rape

"You are a hipster"

man I hate people 

This is pretty much everything I was going to type with the additions of:

"I literally cant"

"Im dying"

"Im dead"

Any use of 'literally' that isnt literal

And I guess just improper use of grammar or punctuation on the internet in general.

PEEVES ME

Simple pronunciation doesn't usually bother me. It's kind of rude to mess with people on the stuff, unless they're mispronouncing big words that they shouldn't be using because they want to sound smarter than they are.

I went like 22 years without even knowing I was pronouncing "legs" and "eggs" weird until someone got angrily up in my face about it. 

Wait this is a thing people get mad about? I've never heard anyone not say "laygs" or "aygs". Must be a regional thing.

I'm in the Northeast and I honestly don't notice how people say either word. I know I've heard it both ways. One time a few years ago a friend of a friend was like "WHAT THE FUCK WHO SAYS THAT!?!" when I ordered "aygs" at a diner. She wouldn't shut up about it or stop making fun of me until her boyfriend was like "Seriously, shut the fuck up. What is wrong with you?"

"You gotta watch Six Feet Under"

"You haven't seen Breaking Bad? You gotta watch that!"

"You would totally love House of Cards."

"Have you watched Six Feet Under yet??"

How about you stop telling me what to watch. There's one person at my work that insists I watch every show that they are currently into and it's driving me nuts.

I get pissed off about this too, usually because when someone's creaming over a show or a movie or something, they tend to tell you the coolest bits so then I find myself watching said show just waiting for the stuff to happen, not really paying attention. That said, I totally missed the bus on Breaking Bad and I binged on that for a couple of weeks and finished it last Sunday.

Crayons doesn't need to be pronounced as a 2 syllable word. You good.

Crayons totally should be a 2 syllable word, shouldn't it? Otherwise it's... "crayns"? Or is this another of those things like when "mirror" is pronounced "meeeer"?