shit people say that you can't stand

My girlfriend hates the words "moist" and "panties."  She especially hates it when I ask her if she has "moist panties."

this has always seemed like one of those things that all girls hate, because they're girls.. and girls just assume that because they're girls, that they need to hate it.

now read that back in bitch girl voice.

i'm also a two-spacer. i recall reading an article a couple years ago saying that it's one of those things that was just kind of lost by way of indifference. but that there's no right or wrong to it, because they're each used so widely. and because it's such a pointless thing to care about either way.

I hate when people don't act like who they are on social media. Those friends that are needlessly posting pictures of them with their SO and then talking about how much they love them. I mean if you are doing it every so often that's cool but when it is a constant update about all this dumb shit you did with the love of your life then A.) it's annoying and B.) You probably have a bad relationship and are masking it with all these dumb updates. 

i'm also a two-spacer. i recall reading an article a couple years ago saying that it's one of those things that was just kind of lost by way of indifference. but that there's no right or wrong to it, because they're each used so widely. and because it's such a pointless thing to care about either way.

http://www.mla.org/style/style_faq/mlastyle_spaces

i'm gonna ride this social media wave

people who say

- "I don't have facebook" 

aren't you fucking special. like people who brag about their flip phone.  do you want a fucking medal?

- "I don't use social media"

do you ever go on the internet?  do you have an ACCOUNT ANYWHERE?  instagram is social media you dumb fuck

Vinyl Collective: don't talk crap about Brand New or double-spacing. Guess it's more prevalent than I thought it was. Neither I nor anyone I know in my general age was ever taught it. In fact, it was never even mentioned that it was a thing, so I thought it was just people typoing for the longest time until I realized it's mostly just older people who do it. I feel sorry for mentioning it, feel like I made more enemies than friends hahaha. Anyway. I'm done. I've got thoughts on this whole "no Facebook" thing.

"make an offer"

Duuuude I'm so with you on this one. I can't even wrap my head around it. We both know you have a general price you want, why not just tell me what that is and I'll buy it? In fact, if I ask someone about a record on here and they tell me to just make an offer, I won't buy it from them. I understand that probably makes me an ass, but I don't play those babygames. I think the line of thinking is that maybe you'll offer more than they would ask for so they can get more money? I don't know.

50% of my downvoted posts are from when I trash that band. In the shit on bands thread no doubt. It's the same few users who also downvote me when I trash American Football.

I dig American Football, but I have to say Brand New are definitely overrated.  I've got a nostalgia boner for the first two album, but c'mon guys. Reeeeeally? I'm with Spooky Mulder on this one. ;)

I dig American Football, but I have to say Brand New are definitely overrated. I've got a nostalgia boner for the first two album, but c'mon guys. Reeeeeally? I'm with Spooky Mulder on this one. ;)

Switching off mobile to up vote this for the X-Files mention. <3 ya Randy. I mean, Robocop.

Duuuude I'm so with you on this one. I can't even wrap my head around it. We both know you have a general price you want, why not just tell me what that is and I'll buy it? In fact, if I ask someone about a record on here and they tell me to just make an offer, I won't buy it from them. I understand that probably makes me an ass, but I don't play those babygames. I think the line of thinking is that maybe you'll offer more than they would ask for so they can get more money? I don't know.

I see where you're coming from with this.  On the other hand, I think 'make an offer' can be a good screening process to see if someone is just wasting your time or not.  Just an indicator if they have an idea of the value of the item they are asking about it.  They should, otherwise would not be asking about it in the first place.

Shit people say that I can't stand?

I can't stand when people say they will do something and then don't.  Even worse when they continue to string you along for an indefinite amount of time.

I know it's not a colloquialism, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

I see where you're coming from with this.  On the other hand, I think 'make an offer' can be a good screening process to see if someone is just wasting your time or not.  Just an indicator if they have an idea of the value of the item they are asking about it.  They should, otherwise would not be asking about it in the first place.

Yeah, this doesn't bug me at all.  I will always ask someone how much they're looking for at first, if they don't specify not to, but if they ask for an offer I'm never annoyed.  I don't see why it would piss anyone off.  YOU get to pick a number that is fair to YOU.  No harm if they say no to your offer.  You could also flip the original argument, and say that by expecting people not to say "make an offer", you're just hoping the seller is unaware of the "going price", and hoping you can snag it for cheaper than expected.  

My two cents.  

Yeah, this doesn't bug me at all.  I will always ask someone how much they're looking for at first, if they don't specify not to, but if they ask for an offer I'm never annoyed.  I don't see why it would piss anyone off.  YOU get to pick a number that is fair to YOU.  No harm if they say no to your offer.  You could also flip the original argument, and say that by expecting people not to say "make an offer", you're just hoping the seller is unaware of the "going price", and hoping you can snag it for cheaper than expected.  

My two cents.  

Totally. Re: bolded, I feel like this is way more likely than the inverse.  No one ever offers more.