shit people say that you can't stand

I see that the second question is not appropriate, but the other two?

Not sure what you normally put in your CVs in the US but martial status and age are pretty much basics we include in CVs in Germany...

I don't think I have my DoB listed on my resume, and definitely don't have my marital status listed.

Here in the U.S. it's illegal to ask any of the 3 questions listed in an interview, just like it's illegal to ask about sexual orientation, religion, or race. (It's also none of that interviewer's business.)

If a person is listening to (or referencing) Blue Oyster Cult, some goofy ass who thinks he's clever says "more cowbell!"

It was funny 10 years ago. It no longer is. Stop being an ass.

I saw them twice back about 10 years ago and it was old and unfunny then. So many people yelling it, holding up signs, and wearing cowbell t-shirts

also not on board. pretty sure it's strictly 15-21 year olds who do this.

it's not. in fact, everyone i've experienced it with is between 22-30, with the latter being my boss. it was him dropping it on me yesterday that prompted the post.

I don't think I have my DoB listed on my resume, and definitely don't have my marital status listed.

Here in the U.S. it's illegal to ask any of the 3 questions listed in an interview, just like it's illegal to ask about sexual orientation, religion, or race. (It's also none of that interviewer's business.)

The way the system is set up, DOBs are needed for background checks, which is dumb. If I'm applying online, I don't mind because I trust that it will go to someone else. If the person that's interviewing me hands me an application and it asks for DOB for background check, I'm a little more apprehensive.

This is more "shit that people DON'T say", but people who don't say thank you really annoy me. And working in an office, people who don't hold the door when you're less then 2 metres away REALLY annoy me!

I feel this! I always hold the door open when I see someone and tell them to have a great day :D

I actually landed one of my biggest clients from striking up useless chit chat from holding the door ahahha

I really don't mind people asking for free medical advice, never have in 25 years+, it's quite an honor actually:  *UNLESS* they preface it with: "I didn't want to bother my doctor, so I thought... you could look at this and tell me what it is/am I having a side effect of this medication I just started, etc..."  I want to give the one eyebrow up sign, but I just wimp out and pretend like it's no bother, really.