shit people say that you can't stand

Assuming the above post is talking about 'it's lit', it doesn't mean fire, unless you're stretchin it to "yeah this party is fire".  It means that it's great / hot / hoppin, etc.

john:  how's the party?

joe:  yooo it's lit come thru

some friend of friend of friends who I occasionally see threw a party and he called it the lituation (like from the song) and i didn't get invited. I imagine it was lit.

(this is the most annoying post i've made here and i know i've made a lot of annoying posts)

Ok, I hate to actually complain but I hate the way the word "epic" is used these days. Usually I'm just like "Whatever, language is fluid. Slang is fun" but this shit annoys the hell out of me. I have 3/4 of an English degree and it doesn't even bother me the way "literally" is used these days. But god dammit, epic just means "long"

No, it does not...

It's an extreme simpilization, but it basically means a long story.

It's pretty much my only nitpicky pet peeve when it comes to basic language. Hearing things called "epic" is obnoxious to me. The Odyssey is an epic. LOTR is epic. Some dude doing a keg stand or some shit is impressive (I guess), not epic. A really good burn is awesome, not an "epic win."

I know it's hypocritical of me, but I can't stand it.

It's an extreme simpilization, but it basically means a long story.

It's pretty much my only nitpicky pet peeve when it comes to basic language. Hearing things called "epic" is obnoxious to me. The Odyssey is an epic. LOTR is epic. Some dude doing a keg stand or some shit is impressive (I guess), not epic. A really good burn is awesome, not an "epic win."

I know it's hypocritical of me, but I can't stand it.

SAY WHAT NOW? ;)

Ok, I hate to actually complain but I hate the way the word "epic" is used these days. Usually I'm just like "Whatever, language is fluid. Slang is fun" but this shit annoys the hell out of me. I have 3/4 of an English degree and it doesn't even bother me the way "literally" is used these days. But god dammit, epic just means "long"

"Literally" has been used in the way I think you're referring to since the 1700s. i.e in an exaggerated sense.

I agree with "epic" though. Like "epic win" and bollocks like that. Thankfully I don't seem to see it so much any more.

This is more "shit people write..." but why are so many people misspelling the worse "lose"? As in "I watched my team loose the game". They loosed the game? What the fuck does that mean?

Pisses me off when people are selling things online and price it with the dollar sign after the number. I don't know why but it drives me crazy. Since when does asking 20$ for an item make sense? Do people actually forget simple shit later in life when school is over?

meh they get their point across, they're not writing some paper with an accuracy grade. Most of them are probably fully aware of the proper sign placement.