Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

knowing how much y'all are willing to drop on a Harry Potter soundtrack LP or Deja Entendu or whatever it is.

My copy of Deja came to $27.96ppd in 2015.

wishing to be compensated for their reputation of 10+ quality years of work as a band is pretty, well, entitled. 

Yes, it is. 

edit: I know these are your words, and not the band's outlook, but it's still the silliest argument I've ever heard. 

edit: I know these are your words, and not the band's outlook, but it's still the silliest argument I've ever heard. 

care to explain why it's silly? considering you only managed to quote half of my sentence, i get the impression you just don't like my conclusion and didn't bother to read the argument itself.

I typed a lot, but this is hardly worth a wall of text.

tl;dr: No one deserves compensation for having a reputation. That is the epitome of entitlement, hence the way I chose to quote your sentence.

Copeland, and any other artist, clearly have the right to charge whatever they feel is right for them for a product, that does not mean that the people who are interested in the product do not have a right to their opinion of the price. 

I checked my purchases the past couple of years. Out of all the records I have purchased in 2014 and 2015, ONE out of approximately 50 releases came out to $30+ before shipping, and that is because it was an overseas release. This includes all 2xLP. 

I ultimately sympathize with you, mr. dreamover... would much rather have paid $20 for the record instead; but, when most people are willing and able to pay a bit extra (relative to, say, your boutique label), saying "they don't have to sell it for that much" is really just complaining.

$20 for a single LP is still bullshit. Anyone who feels this way likely didn't buy their Crosley or first LP until after 2010 at the earliest. Most people I know (myself included) began buying records because they were far less expensive than their CD counterpart. Couple that with much larger/more awesome artwork, the decision was a no brainer. Back in the late 90's early 2000's I was listening to a lot of punk and hardcore and most of the records in that genre were still being pressed (unlike pop music or mainstream rock for example, where nearly no vinyl records exist for most of those artists during that time period). Now you can buy CDs for a fraction of the price of their LP counterparts. The record industry loves to cannibalize itself.

I guess my point is, fuck your $20 single LP bullshit.

PS, I am seeing Copeland tonight and pretty stoked about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Copelandkid, please give us a detailed analysis of why a highly sought after record has only sold 235/1000 in the few weeks following it's release

twin and ixora are not the same album, hun. ixora has sold 577/1000, which is much more respectable. considering the sold out OG pressing was 3000.

((for the second time in this thread: i'm not sure who'd buy a record like twin unless it was, like, a series of bonus tracks appended to ixora.))