PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Get your inner sleeves replaced still!

Got a response to my email.  Good thing I plan to keep mine forever and don't give much of a shit about the condition of the printed inners because I'm just using mofi inners anyways...  More of an fyi to anyone else who had bad seam splits, don't bother requesting replacements.

"Unfortunately we do not have any innersleeves or jacket replacements."

Got a response to my email. Good thing I plan to keep mine forever and don't give much of a shit about the condition of the printed inners because I'm just using mofi inners anyways... More of an fyi to anyone else who had bad seam splits, don't bother requesting replacements.

"Unfortunately we do not have any innersleeves or jacket replacements."

Got the same response :-( oh well

Just chaps my ass a little because of how pricey these are.  It's not the end of the world because the most important part is that my media sounds great, but it's still pretty shitty to have nearly torn apart inners on something you bought brand new at considerable cost.  Will SRC pull your records from the jacket and pack them on top if you request it?  I know SSD will, they even have a disclaimer about seam splits and that it's an option if you want to avoid it when you go to check out.  I almost feel like I want them to do that with Amputechture so I can avoid this problem for that one.

Guest stl_ben.

I always ask now. In fact, reading this thread today reminded me to email Southern Lord about doing this with my Earth preorders, so thank you guys.

But if you request that, then they should do it. Obviously, the person requesting it gives up their right to return it as a sealed record, but that's up to the person requesting it. It takes seconds, and it's to the distro/sellers benefit as an item won't arrive with seam splits.

Totally agree, the dude from SRC was snarky as fuck and said they have "simply too many orders" bitch please.

I wish I knew about SRC's "Cancelled Preorders = Store Credit and Not a Refund" policy before I preordered Amputechture. After hearing all of the seam split issues I wanted to go for the SSD version instead just to be safe, so now I have $43 in SRC funny money.

I guess that means I'll be buying Bedlam in Goliath from SRC with the Amputechture money.

Yeah, I'm right there with you guys.  I received mine and one of the inner sleeves has a gnar seam split.  I contacted their customer service to see if they had an extra inner that they could send.  Guy was hard to work with.  Basically said that it was a bad design and just said sorry. When I pressed they recommended for me to send it back, at my cost.  I guess I'm just going to keep it....