PO Soon: Antemasque Self-Titled S/T (Mars Volta + Flea) October 2014

Don't cheap out. Frances should NOT be repressed. The original 3 disc version has so many good qualities that a repress wouldn't give justice to. One being the etching on the F side and another being the endless loop on every side of the vinyl. You can find original pressings for under $200 still and it is well worth it if you enjoy the best album ever created on an amazingly put together vinyl. I think every album BUT Frances should be repressed. But Frances should remain sacred.

The topic should be brought back to Antemasque though. Has anyone heard about the vinyl? I pre-ordered it, but if there are any limited colored versions, that wouldn't surprise me.

It's a "glow in the dark"-colored vinyl and, that being said, one of the very worst sounding records I ever had. The rest of your post sounds like you don't want your OP's ridiculous price to drop and continue to feel superior to anyone who doesn't have it. You're gonna have a bad time finding friends here with this mindset.

It's a "glow in the dark"-colored vinyl and, that being said, one of the very worst sounding records I ever had. The rest of your post sounds like you don't want your OP's ridiculous price to drop and continue to feel superior to anyone who doesn't have it. You're gonna have a bad time finding friends here with this mindset.

There was also a black version of the original press that doesn't have the same sound issues as the glow in the dark version.

I'm all for repressing it though.

Yeah the glow Frances sounds like shit. I had mine for a few years before I finally bought a black copy. But still awesome to have.

The vinyl should be hitting stores soon. I asked my local record store and they said they ordered 20 copies and should be getting them in a few weeks. I think by the end of the month? They didn't have a specific date

I was super disappointed that they didn't have the LP for sale at the show last weekend.  I guess I missed something along the way cause last I read they were ready to go for the tour.  

The merch girl was goddamn clueless too, I pointed out that they forgot to include Toronto on the tour poster and she's like "O.M.G. I, like, didn't even notice LOLLLLLL"

At least the show was bananas.  

This album is made to be heard live, puts the record to shame

i got the lp today. listened to it once so far. it sounds pretty great, very bass-heavy. ive only listened a couple of times to the first mix so i dont wanna compare the first and the new one too much but i feel like this new one sounds quite different. a little faster at times, a little heavier overall.

the record itself is a pretty simple package... but it does it's job :) printed inner sleeve (which arrived kinda bent already), heavy black vinyl.

3y88KFK.jpg

DhnQjhW.jpg

C84YrpP.jpg

QTTwDak.jpg

i got the lp today. listened to it once so far. it sounds pretty great, very bass-heavy. ive only listened a couple of times to the first mix so i dont wanna compare the first and the new one too much but i feel like this new one sounds quite different. a little faster at times, a little heavier overall.

the record itself is a pretty simple package... but it does it's job :) printed inner sleeve (which arrived kinda bent already), heavy black vinyl.

3y88KFK.jpg

DhnQjhW.jpg

C84YrpP.jpg

QTTwDak.jpg

where? how?.. huh!?!?!? gimme gimme...

• 1 month later...

From their Facebook page, if anyone is still interested in this:

HEY! ANTEMASQUE will be releasing its debut, self-titled album on 180 gram VINYL on MARCH 3RD, 2015.
Head on over to antemasque.com/store to pre-order yours today and receive a free button and sticker with your order! Limited quantities available for pre-order.

• 1 month later...