PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

Goddamnit Batman, you single handedly made me cancel my Amazon order and order through Chemikal Underground. That thing looks way too amazing to risk not getting it from Amazon.

I'm going to have to do that too.  I'll really be mad at myself if I missed out by sticking it out with Amazon, not worth the risk.

You all should've ordered from CU to begin with! I trusted them to ship safely a lot more than I'd trust Amazon. Plus skipping the middle man never hurts.

That's actually what I did as soon as they went up. Then as summer rolled out over here (with 114-degree heat waves), I figured it'd be smarter to go with Prime shipping to reduce the amount of time my $90+ boxset would be spending in the heat. (Plus Amazon was about $5 cheaper.) Should've guessed there'd be fulfillment issues. Seems to be happening quite a bit lately.

That's actually what I did as soon as they went up. Then as summer rolled out over here (with 114-degree heat waves), I figured it'd be smarter to go with Prime shipping to reduce the amount of time my $90+ boxset would be spending in the heat. (Plus Amazon was about $5 cheaper.) Should've guessed there'd be fulfillment issues. Seems to be happening quite a bit lately.

I know, I think you missed my snarky remark above hahaha

That makes me feel a little better. I imagine we'll get confirmation late Sunday night or very early tomorrow morning. And if we're shit out of luck, at least our misery will have company.

I know, I think you missed my snarky remark above hahaha

I must have missed that yesterday. But yeah, no more switching to Amazon for future POs. I'm sure I'm being paranoid and the majority of orders will be filled come September... but I care too much about this release to risk it.

Bullmoose has this listed for September too. Don't know if this was mentioned before, but maybe US distributors just aren't getting these until next month?

Very good point. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's very plausible. That Bullmoose price is unbeatable, considering free shipping and no sales tax. But Chem already refunded me once, and they've got my money for a second time. There's no way I'm going to flake on them again. Plus Batman already got his copy and I'm jealous. So yeah.

Very good point. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's very plausible. That Bullmoose price is unbeatable, considering free shipping and no sales tax. But Chem already refunded me once, and they've got my money for a second time. There's no way I'm going to flake on them again. Plus Batman already got his copy and I'm jealous. So yeah.

Oh yeah, I don't blame you for sticking with Chem a second time.  I'm going to make the switch once I get paid I think.  I just thought it was interesting that the US retailers have it shifted back another month.

Oh yeah, I don't blame you for sticking with Chem a second time.  I'm going to make the switch once I get paid I think.  I just thought it was interesting that the US retailers have it shifted back another month.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think you're right on that one.  Which is super puzzling, but... eh.  I guess it is what it is.  What I'm really interested to see is whether or not this is actually /1,500.  If so, there are a lot of distros getting a slice of the pie.  Really makes me wonder how many any of them could have obtained for sale.  I'd assume that Chemikal Underground would have the biggest portion, making them the safest bet to order from.

Got it yesterday. It's a beast! Listened to it all the way through last night and it sounds amazing. The Appendix material is mostly first class, I can see myself listening to it a lot in the future. The last track in the set, 'Hugh Dallas', is so beautiful and haunting. Can't believe a song like that didn't make it on the record. It's brilliant. Super happy with the outcome of this reissue. Also loving the fact that both the album and bonus material are stored in their own gatefolds to put in your collection and expose the box on the shelves. Makes listening to it even more comfortable. This set is awesome. It does the record justice big time.

That's great to hear, man.  The photos seemed do it justice as well, but hearing all that icing on the cake.

Still no order confirmation from Chemikal Underground :(.

Did you end up getting the order confirmation on this, Doubting?  I meant to respond to this a while back.  You ordered about 24 hours after I did, from the sounds of it, and I received an order confirmation on Monday morning, just as I suspected I would.  (I have reason to believe it's en route as we speak.)  I'd assume you've received an order confirmation by now, but if not you should check your spam folder just to be safe.

I don't believe Chemikal Underground are running low, since they've still been pitching the reissue and are linking to their webstore in an attempt to sell more copies.  We should be golden.

Did you end up getting the order confirmation on this, Doubting? I meant to respond to this a while back. You ordered about 24 hours after I did, from the sounds of it, and I received an order confirmation on Monday morning, just as I suspected I would. (I have reason to believe it's en route as we speak.) I'd assume you've received an order confirmation by now, but if not you should check your spam folder just to be safe.

I don't believe Chemikal Underground are running low, since they've still been pitching the reissue and are linking to their webstore in an attempt to sell more copies. We should be golden.

Nope, still nothing yet :(. Can't check my junk folder on my phone for some reason but I'll look later at home. But I still didn't have anything as of yesterday at least...