PO: Knuckle Puck - The Weight That You Buried One-Sided 12" w/ Screened B-side via Bad Timing

Totally unrelated but I'm really surprised how unpopular KP is in comparison to Neck Deep. A quick Facebook like check puts ND at almost a 100k. KP is only at 13k.

I really don't understand how pop punk fans decide what is going to popular and what is not. The smaller but better bands like KP, Light Years, Stickup Kid get overshadowed way too much.

Knuckle Puck will get to that level eventually I'm sure, they're just a newer band.  They're also not on Hopeless.  Hopeless is able to reach the entire population of 14-18 year olds who listen to All Time Low, and when they are introduced to a band like Neck Deep they treat is as being enlightened to "REAL POP-PUNK!!".  I think the majority of Neck Deep fans are probably in the 14-18 age group, and are just finding this slightly less accessible area of pop-punk, ie TSSF, TWY etc...

Knuckle Puck also doesn't have an LP out.  Plus, slowing growing a band while touring is way more respectable, for lack of a better word, to me.  Watching The Wonder Years rise to "stardom" over the years was awesome, a lot more awesome than releasing an EP, getting picked up by Hopeless, getting adds in AP and being hyped up like crazy, with 6 songs under your belt.  

Totally unrelated but I'm really surprised how unpopular KP is in comparison to Neck Deep. A quick Facebook like check puts ND at almost a 100k. KP is only at 13k.

I really don't understand how pop punk fans decide what is going to popular and what is not. The smaller but better bands like KP, Light Years, Stickup Kid get overshadowed way too much.

I would say just give Knuckle Puck about a year

I would say just give Knuckle Puck about a year

So true. I've been listening to these guys on repeat the last few months and then seeing them on tour with Neck Deep made me wonder why they weren't co-headlining and I hadn't heard much about them before. They are going to blow up fast, especially once they have an LP under their belts.

For anyone interested in how these were able to sell out so quickly (namely the /100 variant), Nick Mango who owns the Limited Run webstore platform wrote up this blog - http://alternate1985.com/post/83651185348/only-fans-buy-vinyl-between-refreshes-on-limited-run

It's a short, quick read about how that works out, why some of you never saw the /100 variant ever appear to be in stock, and kinda why LimRun is the best webstore platform around. I couldn't recommend it more if you ever need an online store.

Hah, my comment was screen capped. 

Just getting a chance to sign in and post about this. I was able to grab the clear/w pink splatter today. Wild the first press sold out so fast and it's awesome for an up-and-coming band. I will say that I also think the way this press was handled helped it go quick. Records in hand, done nicely (screen printed, good variant choices), and a super fair price. The band's music combined with all of the other factors really made this a must have.  The band does get a lot of credit, but I'm not overlooking the label for doing a great job with this and being pretty fair.

Also how great is it for people that missed the first press to automatically have a crack at the second press and to know they won't have to wait any longer to get it. I know that most labels don't have those presses in the wings waiting (or at least don't release them automatically like this), but man if they did they could capitalize and help eager fans out pretty quick.

I think another large reason why this sold out so fast was that the band posted about its release, including time of, the day before. There's a lot of vinyl releases that, even if they're known about on here, most fans don't know are happening until the band posts "now on sale" the day of on their Facebook. Just my two cents.

All sold out now in less than a day.

I never thought the initial 500 would sell out for a few days! That's awesome for the band, and yeah I agree with Soundboard and Swinx. Very, very smooth and easy process overall with this release.

Good job Knuckle Puck, Thomas, and Bad Timing Records!

Just getting a chance to sign in and post about this. I was able to grab the clear/w pink splatter today. Wild the first press sold out so fast and it's awesome for an up-and-coming band. I will say that I also think the way this press was handled helped it go quick. Records in hand, done nicely (screen printed, good variant choices), and a super fair price. The band's music combined with all of the other factors really made this a must have.  The band does get a lot of credit, but I'm not overlooking the label for doing a great job with this and being pretty fair.

Also how great is it for people that missed the first press to automatically have a crack at the second press and to know they won't have to wait any longer to get it. I know that most labels don't have those presses in the wings waiting (or at least don't release them automatically like this), but man if they did they could capitalize and help eager fans out pretty quick.

I think another large reason why this sold out so fast was that the band posted about its release, including time of, the day before. There's a lot of vinyl releases that, even if they're known about on here, most fans don't know are happening until the band posts "now on sale" the day of on their Facebook. Just my two cents.

Man reading these posts made me so happy. Everything that was mentioned are things that we decided, when we started the label, would be good ideas to hammer home – having records in and avoiding preorders when possible, making sure people had a clear understanding of the time it would go on sale, trying to keep prices fair so not ONLY a die-hard fan is motivated to pick one up. In this case the second press going up yesterday wasn't expected on our end, but it worked out and I'm glad we were actually able to get the photos / product page lined up on time. One of the best things about running a label with your best friend is that you can make a call like that over the course of a few text messages and get everything done within 15 minutes.

So tl;dr: Thank you for recognizing all that. It means a lot. 

What an actual idiot.  People who flip records should just get a damn job.

With that being said, my copy is out for delivery today.  Excited to see the ultra clear/screened b-side in person.