PO: Sum 41- Chuck

in defense of SRC on the retail of licensed albums

in my experience so far anything Universal owned, is insanely expensive to license and release.

as far as greed goes... they're making less a copy on this than any a normal label releasing a similar config and charging $15 a pop on a non licensed title.. so take that for what it's worth, these projects aren't cheap to do, in most cases the art files don't exist.. and if they do.. they usually need a ton of tweaking.. you need to pay to get it  re-mastered, and lacquers made, order all of the packaging, the HUGE licensing fee, all the mechanicals up front, and a hefty shipping bill. It sucks that these projects run so pricey but they really are a ton of work.... a ton of people have approached me on how to do this.. and when I gave them a run down of the costs ... they said fuck it.

But it's their most awfull sounding record(I mean it's so overcompressed and tuned) and isn't it failed in sales?

yeah, it was their first full length album to not receive an RIAA certification in the united states and then SBM didn't get one anywhere (i read that it sold ~36,000 copies in the US)

• 4 weeks later...