PO: Anberlin - Lowborn (Final Album) 7/22

Definitely the one I want most from them. That album is massively good.

For me: Weak's End>Shallow Seas>The Question

I've never listened to I'm Only a Man or We Do What We Want

I'm weird and like in shallow seas better than weaks end and question. But yeah, those 2 aren't worth too much.

Anberlin NTFP repress

Anberlin Cities repress

As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest (on Solid State, not sure if that makes a difference)

As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep (album especially has/had a huge impact on me)

As Cities Burn - Hell or Highwater

Sullivan - Hey, I'm A Ghost

Sullivan - Cover Your Eyes

Emery - The Weak's End (RP)

Emery - The Question

Further Seems Forever - How To Start A Fire

Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down

Got both gold and black copies in my possession. As stated earlier, everything seems to be identical except for wax color, obviously.

I don't have this in hand (yet) but from what I can tell from eBay photos, the area at the top right with the barcode looks skinnier on the orange variant jacket than the standard black vinyl jacket. Is that so?

Edit: top right *on back of jacket*

I wouldn't consider that a pipe dream. As far as what would actually sell, a first pressing of that album would slay IMO.

True, I would hope that it would do well. Personally, I just didn't know anybody that knew of it. I remember when I first saw XOXOXO on Steelroots(I think) and loved it! I immediately went to my local record store and bought the only copy they had in stock.

I don't have this in hand (yet) but from what I can tell from eBay photos, the area at the top right with the barcode looks skinnier on the orange variant jacket than the standard black vinyl jacket. Is that so?

Edit: top right *on back of jacket*

Yeah, I just got this in, and there is a new barcode sticker on the rear over the regular barcode. So that seems to be the difference other than the color. 

If the sticker can be removed to leave the same barcode behind underneath it then that isn't really a difference...

I would agree, if the sticker were on the shrink, but this is on the jacket (from the manufacturer) to differentiate between both variants. Plus, there could be a possibility of damage to the jacket if you were to remove the barcode sticker. 

So what old Tooth & Nail stuff would you guys like to see pressed?

Blenderhead

Starflyer 59

Roadside Monument

The Chariot

Bleach

Discover America - Psychology

MxPx - Let It Happen (without the new songs from the 2006 reissue, those songs are so baaaaaad)

I don't understand why everyone here likes Emery so much, in hindsight they sound a lot like Panic at the Disco. Actually, wait, I guess that does make sense.

I personally think the mix in general is lacking a lot of punch and dynamics...

Punch is the word that I was looking for, not very powerful. Good musical moments but nothing punchy like A Whisper & A Clamor or Adelaide.

I think this album was recorded/mixed/mastered in about 3ish months? seems like it came together really fast for them. could contribute to it not being all that strong.

The multiple producers had me thinking about this too. I doubt they all recorded with the same exact equipment so where they combine everything it probably has the tendency to smush parts together or sound muddled. The music sounds squashed to me

The record is being sold for super cheap...my money is on a bare-bones digital-to-vinyl pressing that T&N didn't want to invest money on for vinyl mastering.

Based on my understanding of how much Universal charges for vinyl pressing rights, I bet it'll be more of the same digital-to-vinyl quality if Hot Topic secures anything for old T&N stuff and wants to make some sort of profit on the venture. Just speculating.

My black copy sounds ok

The gold copy sounds awful. You can see it's warped as it spins. Pitch itsnt so much as an issue as just a bad press. And again for those who think hot topic pressed this, don't think they have a pressing plant.

I think you may be right concerning digital to vinyl conversions. Neither copy has a warm rich sound. I can get a much better sound on same speakers with cd. Sad really.

UPDATE: my $10 amazon lp came with scuffs on it making 3 songs play with a "locked groove"... eat your heart out jack white. Thank goodness amazon is really good about returns.