PO: Anberlin - Lowborn (Final Album) 7/22

My black copy sounds ok

The gold copy sounds awful. You can see it's warped as it spins. Pitch itsnt so much as an issue as just a bad press. And again for those who think hot topic pressed this, don't think they have a pressing plant.

I think you may be right concerning digital to vinyl conversions. Neither copy has a warm rich sound. I can get a much better sound on same speakers with cd. Sad really.

UPDATE: my $10 amazon lp came with scuffs on it making 3 songs play with a "locked groove"... eat your heart out jack white. Thank goodness amazon is really good about returns.

*thumbs up* but bummer on your Amazon and gold copies.  I wonder if anyone here has a good gold pressing?

The record is being sold for super cheap...my money is on a bare-bones digital-to-vinyl pressing that T&N didn't want to invest money on for vinyl mastering.

Based on my understanding of how much Universal charges for vinyl pressing rights, I bet it'll be more of the same digital-to-vinyl quality if Hot Topic secures anything for old T&N stuff and wants to make some sort of profit on the venture. Just speculating.

The thought of that Sucks! 

Just checked and it looks like they're playing 0 Lowborn songs on their final tour. Take that as you will.

That really sucks if that's the case for the final US shows. I know lowborn has taken a log of heat concerning track order and album flow, but I really am bummed that they may not play any off lowborn.

That really sucks if that's the case for the final US shows. I know lowborn has taken a log of heat concerning track order and album flow, but I really am bummed that they may not play any off lowborn.

eh. I feel like most fans would want 17 other songs from their discography more than anything on lowborn tbh.

eh. I feel like most fans would want 17 other songs from their discography more than anything on lowborn tbh.

Don't get me wrong ive been a fan since 03 and wouldn't want a lowborn tour with a few oldies in there...just odd that there are none, with exception of harbinger lyrics at the end of *fin

That's how the band feels as well.  But I say throw in a song from Lowborn just to say they didn't completely ignore it.  

yeah really strange to make one last album and never play any of it live. i personally would love to hear stranger ways and hearing voices live

Regarding Anberlin not playing Lowborn live, I wonder if they've ever even played these songs together as a band? Probably not..

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something about writing sessions together at one point, so they've probably jammed the core stuff together some, but considering a couple of the band members don't actually live in Florida any more it probably didn't happen much. So everything was mostly written separately and recorded separately.