Parks and Recreation to end after this season

About half way through this season, I realized that I was about ready for the show to end. Every character had pretty much reached their end story, and it just kind of felt like a lot of the same jokes falling flat without doing anything new with anyone's stories.

But the last two or three episodes were really great. And right before they did the time jump, I was certain that they were ending the series- and I was okay with it.

With all that said, I'm happy that they're declaring this the end as they go into it. I trust every single person involved in the show. And now that community is done I can confidently declare this to be my favorite show on television.

Yeah, the finale was fantastic and definitely should have ended. The one thing I'm worried about is that this is a Fringe situation where the last season is just disconnected from the rest. We'll see though. I still think the ideal ending for the show would have been finishing the park, but we'll see what happens. For the first time I'm completely unaware of what will happen.

I just started watching this show. It is fucking fantastic.

Right?  I only started last year.  Definitely late to the party, and I didn't know how I felt after the first episode or two... but once the characters and all their quirks begin to really surface, the dots begin to connect and it becomes an ace comedy.  So much of it is delivery and awkward timing, and I dig it.  I'm currently behind a season or two, and bummed to hear it'll end so soon.  But I'd rather see it end on a good note, like a few others have mentioned.

This next season being the last was common knowledge I thought. I'm glad they're mixing it up with the time jump and then can hopefully go out while still bringing their A game. I will be pretty fucking sad to say goodbye to these characters though.

Everyone who hasn't watched Rick and Morty should stop posting on internet message boards until they've watch every episode.

Yeah I heard this too...bummed but glad its one of the times when shows can wrap up, without suddenly being canceled and not having an actual end. This season made me think that it was the last season, with the season finale the way it was, but I'm glad its not! Nick Offerman needs his own show. That would make everything ok for me

I haven't seen any of the last season yet but I agree, it's run the course.

Man, 30 Rock put on a clinic about how to end a series. And that show had some dicey seasons. I don't really get that into TV, so I was late to the party on that one. I've been watching Parks and Rec since season 3 or so.

My favorite thing on TV by a damn sight is Louie.

I'm happy this season is the last.  The show has aged better than a lot of of other sitcoms that hit 7 seasons, but there is still only so much you can do with the confines of the show.  I think the time jump is a great way to add some new life into the final season (and avoid another pregnancy story arc).