Captainaldous' 1000th post give away! Round 2 winner: Twistedshabazz! Round 3 coming soon

captainaldous

I managed to cop an OOP copy of Maps And Atlases - Trees, Swallows, Houses from a member on this board after searching for it since the beginning of my collecting.. for a non-outrageous price! There were only 1250 made, all different variants, and discogs rarely had it up for more than a minute before it was snagged. Absolutely fantastic math rock album that won't be topped by that band because they've gone in some folky direction.

If that's not enough, an extremely kind member from the EU did me a huge solid and grabbed the RSD Twilight Sad for me recently, since it wasn't released in the states. Some VC members can be extremely generous with their time and effort for other members and expect nothing in return, and I really appreciate it. I made it worth his while in the end, but he didn't have to do that just because I asked. Some genuinely nice people around here.

If my low post count disqualifies me I understand but still gotta say it!

Am I in the top 20 with 350?!

I think I'm #20!!

Anyway, the record that means the most to me is Blue Sky Black Death - Noir. I had never heard of them before I saw a topic about this label "SlyVinyl" and that they were pressing this record in glorious fashion that everyone said was amazing. I wasn't a huge instrumental music fan before this, but I listened to a preview track and thought it was really neat, so I bought it on a whim. I'm so glad I did, because now it goes for 4x the price... and the album itself is too good to not have on vinyl. It also unlocked the part of my brain that likes instrumental music - got me into downtempo, trip hop, and post rock simultaneously and expanded my musical horizons a billion times over. 

Cool of you to do this, TC. Congrats to whoever wins :)

Kess was #20, but don't fret! I will be doing another round of 20 after him! Previous entrees, feel free to submit again with a different story starting now. We need 18 more starting after the two dude after Kess.

...and the winner is...

Gotham's very own, The Batman.

I know I promised you a list tonight, but I ended up at the Nothing show in Chicago and won't be able to make the list until after work tomorrow. I get out at 10 or 11 AM central, so it won't be too late tomorrow. So I'll talk to the batman tomorrow and let you know the records and happy entering to everyone else for round 2!

i don't like batman (the superhero not the dude on the forums!) although I saw the dark night in 2008 in imax which was pretty cool I guess. cant think of much else than that.

anyways Im not even sure about other music stuff. when I became active on the boards I just kind of started looking up everything I would see people talking about. don't have too many of that stuff in record form yet so. I did realize I love almost everything on captured tracks records though which is cool. thanks VC

i don't like batman (the superhero not the dude on the forums!) although I saw the dark night in 2008 in imax which was pretty cool I guess. cant think of much else than that.

anyways Im not even sure about other music stuff. when I became active on the boards I just kind of started looking up everything I would see people talking about. don't have too many of that stuff in record form yet so. I did realize I love almost everything on captured tracks records though which is cool. thanks VC

Doesn't matter! Let's just keep the good vibe. 8-)

oh wow, thanks so much!

cue cholly coming in here and saying how lucky i am... hahaha ;)

not really entering, but one of my favorite recent batman moments was seeing an original 35mm print of 'mask of the phantasm' at a mondo screening in austin. it was incredible to see on the big screen again--i felt like a kid again.

one of my favorite comic moments is when he takes down the "cured" harvey dent in frank miller's 'the dark knight returns'. that line "i see a reflection" kills me every time.

i-see-a-reflection1.jpg

I'd like to enter!

I've gotten two of my four copies of Ribbed from members here at VC, which is cool because I probably wouldn't have been able to track them down otherwise. Ribbed was, I think, the first punk rock studio LP that I really played the shit out of. Before that was the Super Seven Sampler (a comp) and They've Actually Gotten Worse Live! (a live record), but Ribbed is especially special to me. So, thanks to victimofadriveby and one other member (sorry dude, I am forgetting your name), I'm only two variants away from having all the releases of this record. VC is the shit.

My favorite Batman moment:

I got something corporates 'leaving through the window' because someone on the board snatched up a couple to protect us from the flippers. I'm thankful to the board. I'm not even sure I'f I'll be in on the OG 20 but I felt like posting anyway. 

Good thing this is round two!

Alright batman: here's the list. Make your pick and PM me!

• The Felice Brothers - Celebration Florida (black)
  • Young Statues - Age Isn't Ours (yellow)
  • Mr. Bungle - Self titled (black)