Captainaldous' 1000th post give away! Round 2 winner: Twistedshabazz! Round 3 coming soon

captainaldous

Hey guys! For my 1000th post, I thought I'd do something a little nice. This board has given me a lot and I feel like I should give back a little.

So here is whats up:

• I will accept the first 20 names and choose the winner at random
  • You must have at least 350 posts to enter
  • To enter, all you have to do is post on this thread about a record that meant a lot to you that you got because of this board, whether you bought it from someone specific or just from someone posting about it on the message board.
  • I will list three records tonight that the winner can choose which one she or he likes!
  • I will cover the winner's shipping.
  • The records won't be of significant value, but will definitely be cool. Plus its free, so ya know, whatever.

Have at it, y'all! B)

I'll bite. 

VC introduced me to Portugal the Man. I call them the band that "I can't believe all these years passed and I didn't know of them". I've wound up with their entire catalogue through trades and pre-orders. I think Satanic Satanists is my favorite to date. Pretty awesome band that completely avoided my attention until this place. 

Cool thing.  Thanks for doing this.  

I am somewhat newish to the board (less than a year) but 99% of everyone I have done deals with, talked with, PM'd, etc have all been killer dudes and dudettes.  I have been able to score some things I have been hunting for as well as find some new music that I am very grateful for.  The more new music the better.

I would say I am most appreciated of everyone keeping all the users informed or lending a helping hand.  Be it on RSD, helping out international orders for Hot Topics insane shipping prices, or even making trips to local shops to grab items for a user they just saw recently.  I know many people have done it for me and I have returned the favor.  

If it was a specific transacion it would be one of my first transactions was with user Ratbrain.  Dude had a great collection of music, helped shed some light on items I was not familiar with, made suggestions based on what i was grabbing which turned out to be great stuff and even through in some extras.  That transaction made me know I found a good place of people who all want to work together to help bring good tunes to good people.

Okay I will shut up now. 

Way to go, duder. 

victimofadriveby welcomed me into this board with an extremely pleasant transaction for the Kevin Devine - Brother's Blood LP. That more/less started me on a road of buying and selling on here a bunch. That lead to me digging into the other boards more and getting to know some pretty cool people.

Thumbs up, guys.

This board helped me out with a shit ton of my Wonder Years stuff. Without everyone on here, I probably would have spent WAY too much for them. I would have had to go to eBay and give my money to the shitty flippers. But then they were too helpful and I ended up buying way more than I needed. Gah!

Also I just realized I passed my 1000th post without noticing. Now I'm sad.

I am under the post count because I don't like to flood the boards with my nonsense, but I don't care about winning anything.

Thanks to the initiative of this board, I have been able to get my hands on some really great albums that I never would have otherwise had release information about. I don't do a lot of deals with anyone but that is only because I don't sell too often. I did sell one album to a forum member and that was cool. It felt good to help someone out. Anyway, I love this board and I enjoy reading about what a lot of you folks have to say. If I felt my input was more valuable to the rest of you I would post more. But, I rarely have anything worthwhile to say.

I am under the post count because I don't like to flood the boards with my nonsense, but I don't care about winning anything.

Thanks to the initiative of this board, I have been able to get my hands on some really great albums that I never would have otherwise had release information about. I don't do a lot of deals with anyone but that is only because I don't sell too often. I did sell one album to a forum member and that was cool. It felt good to help someone out. Anyway, I love this board and I enjoy reading about what a lot of you folks have to say. If I felt my input was more valuable to the rest of you I would post more. But, I rarely have anything worthwhile to say.

Some people can get a little overkill on messing with newer members, but you should post more if you want to! Its the internet, so you should feel free to say whatever you want!  ;)

Loving the responses so far, guys. Keep them coming!

A record that means a lot to me, from a band I found out while just browsing on here is I Hate Myself. I listened to their music only so much and when I came across someone who had the 4 sounds record I had to have it. now I listen to them every single day. I discover a lot of music here but I don't always have the money to buy records haha.

This is awesome that you're doing this!

I remember someone posting about The Deadly Spawn OST that Mondo was putting out. I wasn't familiar with many horror soundtracks, but making that impulse purchase led me to buy a lot more horror soundtracks and I've currently shifted to focusing on collecting soundtracks - all leading back to that single post.

This is awesome that you're doing this!

I remember someone posting about The Deadly Spawn OST that Mondo was putting out. I wasn't familiar with many horror soundtracks, but making that impulse purchase led me to buy a lot more horror soundtracks and I've currently shifted to focusing on collecting soundtracks - all leading back to that single post.

I may be taking a Film Genres class next semester focused on Horror (French horror, specifically I believe). May be getting more into those soon as well!

I may be taking a Film Genres class next semester focused on Horror (French horror, specifically I believe). May be getting more into those soon as well!

I didn't get into them via here but the group of people that are really into them has certainly grown in the past few months!

Waxwork, Deathwaltz, and Mondo are all you need!

Some people can get a little overkill on messing with newer members, but you should post more if you want to! Its the internet, so you should feel free to say whatever you want!  ;)

Loving the responses so far, guys. Keep them coming!

I do post as often as I like to. I just prefer quality over quantity I guess.

I'm in if there is less than 20. Awesome idea, may just do this too.

I was finally able to track down a number of records that I was able to purchase or trade for on this board. VC is a great community. One recent, is the Piebald Vol i-iii RSD release. I was able to cash and trade with a member. I couldn't be more excited. Thanks VC! 

This board has helped me discover a lot of great artists. And whenever I discover an artist elsewhere, I can always come here and see others wanting to discuss their music.

I've found a lot of nostalgic gems here. Like for example, I traded someone for an original pressing of Sum 41's "Chuck". Always awesome to be able to score stuff like that without paying ridiculous eBay prices.