PO: THE FRONT BOTTOMS - Rose EP

THE FRONT BOTTOMS 'ROSE EP' 

“These are the songs that people ask for when we’re on tour,” says vocalist/guitarist Brian Sella of THE FRONT BOTTOMS, about their new six-track ROSE EP (Bar/None Records; “They’re songs that were either we’ve played live at shows or we’ve had kicking around that we couldn’t let go of.” A collection of some of the best tracks of their career so far, 

Named after drummer Mathew Uychich’s grandmother Rosemary, Rose marks the first in a series of EPs named after their grandmothers which they plan on releasing in the future. “These songs were also Mat’s grandmother Rosemary’s favorite songs,” he explains. “So it was kinda fittin that we named this EP Rose.” Launching the CD with the crowd pleaser “Flying Model Rockets,” it kicks off with an epic and bombastic bang. Epic and conversational, the track propels listeners through their trademark clever lyrics have started massive sing-alongs at their live shows. “Lipstick Covered Magnet” and “Be Nice To Me” continue the punk thematics while the moody and introspective“Awkward Conversations” projects the tension of a relationship on the verge of collapse. The immediate smiling infectiousness of “12 Feet Deep” posits the story right in the middle of that precarious time between high school and college when kids have to confront a wider world. The first song and video released “Jim Bogart” puts Brian in the uneviable position of pining for a girl who doesn’t reciprocate his feelings. 

Release date June 17, 2014 

http://www.bar-none.com/album_detail.php?recordID=032862022715

Considering ordering one, but it's low on my list of things to buy. Also, does anyone else dislike bar-none's website?

Haha yeah their site is stuck in the 90's. Very hip.

Legit label though. On the fence for ordering this, I'd probably pay $15 just cause I love TFB but I'm kind of agreeing with everyone else on the price. If it's limited I'd order it right now.

Haha yeah their site is stuck in the 90's. Very hip.

Legit label though. On the fence for ordering this, I'd probably pay $15 just cause I love TFB but I'm kind of agreeing with everyone else on the price. If it's limited I'd order it right now.

yeah they should make it limited and colored. that would justify the price for me

Did you just get into music?

Did you? No label/band that plans to have a CD/vinyl release put them out on separate dates. Sure, sometimes records are pressed afterwards because a vinyl release was decided on after a CD release date. But Bar None knows they're putting out a CD release and a vinyl release. So to not plan on having them released on the same date is bizarre. 

Did you? No label/band that plans to have a CD/vinyl release put them out on separate dates. Sure, sometimes records are pressed afterwards because a vinyl release was decided on after a CD release date. But Bar None knows they're putting out a CD release and a vinyl release. So to not plan on having them released on the same date is bizarre. 

tumblr_ltnlwibSZb1qdce8vo1_400.gif