What random stuff have you gotten at shows?

At a Gorilla Biscuits show in 1989, Civ gave me a few crackers from the pack he was munching on before their set. At that same show Chaka Malik from Burn gave me a nice bruise to the side of my face while he was moshing on stage. He accidentally kicked me in the side of the head. He apologized right after their set was finished.

I've got a few mementos from seeing my favorite bands. I cherish my Neutral Milk Hotel setlist which was Jeff Mangum's. Speaking of setlists I also was lucky enough to get Christopher Owens setlist from Girls, Jordan's setlist from La Dispute.. a good bit of other setlists. AFI, Mogwai.. saw krill and asked for the setlist (a dirty, stomped on sticky note square with five or six songs scribbled on it).. got a few picks. Toshiya from Dir en grey's bass pick. Kurt vile's guitar pick. Two Mogwai guitar picks. Some stranger things I got were a water bottle thrown by Kyo from Dir en grey (I wrote on it in Sharpie and display it on my bookshelf.. no one else knows/cares how special it is, but I do!) And the strangest but also one of the cooler things is a bouquet of flowers given to me by Christopher Owens at the end of a show from Girls final tour before they broke up. They were tied to his mic stand the whole show.

I'm sure there's more things.. I really love getting things from shows to cherish for the memory. But I'm overly sentimental. I even keep ticket stubs and wristbands and store them in my vinyl sleeves so whenever I pull out a record I'm bombarded with the memory.

I never found anything too random. I do have two set lists I think are cool - one from a bright eyes show drenched in wine because apparently that's what Conor wanted to drink that night.

And another setlist from a deer tick show with a drawing and vomit on it. Same show john McCauley kissed me and put a ton of Jameson in my mouth. Fond memory.

Guest stl_ben.

I never found anything too random. I do have two set lists I think are cool - one from a bright eyes show drenched in wine because apparently that's what Conor wanted to drink that night.

And another setlist from a deer tick show with a drawing and vomit on it. Same show john McCauley kissed me and put a ton of Jameson in my mouth. Fond memory.

John is such a mess, I love that guy. 

Oh I forgot bc I don't have it anymore. But I had broke pieces of adam salazars mic from a show they did with the starting line.

He had broken his back a while ago and was finally getting back in the swing of things and he nailed the ground with it. Most of it stayed intact bc it was ductaped to hell but Whatever broke off I scooped up. While they were getting a new one john started playing the riff to lose yourself and the crowd looked like a rap club for a little bit and that was epic as well.

True story: I saw Minus The Bear at the NorVa a couple years ago before Infinity Overhead came out and was front row. Dave threw a guitar pick in my direction and everyone including myself tried to find it on the floor to no avail. After the show, I reached into the front pocket of my shirt for a cigarette and the pick was in there. I don't know what the chances of that happening are but I still have the pick. It has the MTB logo on one side and Dave's name on the other.

Lots of setlists, guitar picks, badges/ buttons on the ground, a station ID recorded for my college radio station after a show, free CD's, 7"s, t-shirts, shots, and patches, dog fur on my clothes, a couple of signatures (though I'm not much one for autographs), confetti and glitter in my pockets after shows. Nothing really weird that I can think of. 

I used to be all about this as a kid. I had a streak of going to shows where I would always come home with something. I have a box of all the stuff but from what I can remember I have accumulated all of this:

* Darkest Hour - Setlist - signed

* All That Remains - Setlist - signed

* Parkway Drive - Setlist - signed? I don't remember

* Kris Norris (Darkest Hour) - Guitar Pick

* Bjorn Gelotte (In Flames) - Guitar Pick

* Bass Pick from 36 Crazyfist's Bassist

* Johnny Franck (Attack! Attack!) - Guitar Pick

* Guitar Pick from Suicide Silence

* Guitar Pick from Polar Bear Club

* Drumstick signed by Darkest Hour

* Drumstick signed by Parkway Drive

* Poster signed by Unearth

* Poster signed by Cannibal Corpse

* Poster signed by The Black Dahlia Murder

* Poster signed by All That Remains

* Hatebreed ticket stub signed by Jamey Jasta and Matt Byrne

* Whitechapel ticket stub signed by Jonny Davy of Jobforacowboy

* Parkway Drive - Deep Blue cd - signed

* The Wonder Years - Suburbia cd- signed

* Darkest Hour - Deliver Us cd- signed

* Beneath The Sky - What Demons Do To Saints cd- signed

* Whitechapel - This Is Exile cd- Signed (minus 1 member)

I think I have a lot more too, I just can't remember it all.