Just a new guy feelin' the love...

I'm in the infant stage of rebuilding my father's 1,500+ classic rock vinyl collection that was tragically lost, and am diving head first into everything hi-fi. I found this website through a simple search and have already found answers to some of my endless list of questions. I have amassed about 200 albums so far and have many, many more to go. More importantly, I am getting ready to purchase my equipment and this site has some great threads for a new guy like me. Thanks in advance for all the help and standby for some of the craziest questions you guys have ever heard of. Keep it real, VC.

Hey welcome to VC! This place can be great at times. Just as an FYI check out these threads a little more pertinent to this subject

Introduce yourself

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/52233-introduce-yourself/page-30

How did you find VC

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/155-how-did-you-find-vinyl-collective/page-49

and if you have any other questions just be sure to search before creating a new thread. Search function can be weird at times but with a little digging you can usually find a thread talking about your question!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard, sailor! Since we're all about the love today I won't even mention how this should be in the Everything Else forum. I'm gonna let it slide.

I made my attempt to try and easy any tension right away by pointing him in that direction. Otherwise it would have resulted in mayhem and cat gifs.

Yea... One thing you'll find about this place is you really have to earn the love. Nothing about VC is unconditional. Except cat gifs, shaq, and super intense love/hate for nostalgia.

That said, welcome! If you're looking for a set up, there are a TON of helpful threads in the equipment forum as long as you are fine making your own decisions based on the information provided in the post. Start asking people's opinions and you will likely start a civil war.

The sale/trade/want section is a pretty good place to find records at non eBay prices and people are usually pretty cool. If you're looking to build a classic rock collection there are a few good sellers on there that have a large amount of used records for great prices and will usually cut a deal if you're purchasing multiples. There will also be a lot of the latest oop scene releases for inflated prices if that's what you're in to.

The everything else section is an entertaining place to increase your post count as there really are topics about almost everything.

This section is usually reserved for new vinyl news.

I hope that was helpful. People on here can be dicks but everyone is generally pretty cool so long as you don't own a Crosley, don't post shit in the wrong forum, and above all you must never criticize brand new.

<3

Thanks to all. I'll hone my positng topic etiquette so as not to infuriate the masses any further.

My dad "lost" his records as a result of a home forclosure, "times is hard", sad story for which I was not around to prevent or perform an album rescue (on deployment in the Navy). I am finally in a postion to start the rebuild, compile my system, increase my knowledge, and embrace the process.

Stay classy, VC.