I read something somewhere that said they're saying someone gave the twins powers through some sort of experiment, not born with their powers as they are in x-men/the comics, so they're similar to Captain America in that respect. I just doubt they'll really touch on it too much.

Oh yeah actually

I remember at the end of Cap 2 they were locked up in von Strucker's lab, and he mentioned something about how much they've achieved. So yeah, most likely a result of experimentation.

I do think it'll be related to the Inhumans. Terrigan mists and whatnot.

How ‘Avengers 2′ Will Deal With the Whole Mutant Problemavengers-2-set-photos-6.jpgGetty Images

Just to reiterate what Disney’s Marvel Studios and 20th Century Fox’s Marvel division said many times prior, the ‘X-Men’ and ‘Avengers’ movies are not connected to each other, though Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver both originated in Marvel comics as mutants and the offspring of Magneto. Because these two characters straddle both universes, it’s why we’re seeing Quicksilver, for instance, be portrayed in both — Evan Peters plays him in director Bryan Singer’s ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past‘ and Aaron Taylor-Johnson plays him in ‘Avengers 2.’ However, since Fox owns the film rights to X-Men, Disney cannot reference the twins as mutants, while the former can. With me so far?

Since mutants are inherently part of ‘X-Men,’ Joss Whedon had to come up with a different sort of origin story, if you will, to describe how Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver got their abilities in ‘Avengers 2.’

For those of you who stayed to watch that first mid-credits scene from ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ you’ll know that actor Thomas Kretschmann made an appearance as upcoming ‘Avengers 2′ villain and Hydra member Baron von Strucker to introduce “the twins,” as he first referenced them. Based on the footage shown, we know that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were not born with their powers as in the comics, but were instead the only surviving patients of Strucker’s experiments to imbue humans with superpowers — all the others died in the process.

But where did this serum originate from? Since we also know that, in order to create The Winter Soldier, Hydra injected Bucky Barnes (played by Sebastian Stan) with a similar serum to the one that made Steve Rogers into Captain America, the serum injected into the twins could very well be a variation on that formula and be how Disney addresses that which cannot be named (mutants) in its films moving forward.

So there you have it! Hopefully now casual viewers will understand why the rest of us cannot wait for next year. ‘The Avengers 2,’ officially titled ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ won’t hit theaters until May 1, 2015, but perhaps at least the next Marvel movie, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ will distract us from our impatience.

For more information on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, watch our video of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson from Comic-Con 2014.

Watch it while you can

Here’s a transcript:

Tony: [chopping wood] Thor didn’t say where he was going for answers?

Steve: [also chopping wood] Sometimes my teammates don’t tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception.

Tony: Yeah, give him time. We don’t know what the Maximoff kid showed him.

Steve: I don’t know what she showed you. I just know it made you do something stupid. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes… pulled us apart like cotton candy.

Tony: Seems like you walked away all right.

Steve: Is that a problem?

Tony: I don’t trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old-fashioned.

Steve: Well, let’s just say you haven’t seen it yet.

Tony: Banner and I were doing the research–

Steve: That would affect the team.

Tony: That would end the team! Isn’t that the mission? Isn’t that the “why” we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?

Steve: [rips log apart with his bare hands] Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time.

Is it really that bad to work on special effects? I mean that's what kept Joaquin Phoenix from playing Doctor Strange

Idk but he's been outspoken about this kind of stuff this before.

I just read an article saying that Agent Carter will connect to Iron Man 2.

• 3 weeks later...