MAN ADVICE v2.0

Yeah I've known plenty of people who always double- and triple-book themselves and then just go with the better plan and sketch out last minute, leave you hanging and no head's up at all.  Then you wonder where they are, if they are going to show up, wait around until you're convinced they are a no-show.  It's a bummer.

I have to have a scheduled calendar, between working at the radio station, concerts, etc. If you called me and asked me to do something, unless you were lucky enough to get me on a free night I have to say no. No regrets about any of that either.

Also fuck online dating... I'm also out. recently I've just gone out with boring, uninteresting people. Also it's left me feeling lonelier than ever. 

Never had the intent of using my dating sites seriously, most were started and maintained on tour as a way to pass time in boring hotel rooms. I was open to the options of making friends though and made it VERY clear that's all I was interested in. After someone I met up with on the terms of being completely platonic friends tried to pin me to floor and I had to knee him in dick in order to get him off of me...yup, never again.

there's this sinking gut feeling in my stomach whenever i think about her so i feel it 24/7 even when i'm like super full which is my usual comfort habit how do i stop this

I hate this saying, but, "I know that feel".

When I was ranting earlier about fucking things up with a girl and not being able to get it off my mind Bruce here had some good advice for me.

i rarely cancel on plans if i make them. if it's an emergency well then of course. i've never been that way. even if something better came along, i stay true to my arrangements in hopes the person doesn't flake. but usually i only make plans with people i know are trustworthy.

man, so much shit going this weekend.. party on thurs, big event on saturday, then party on saturday night. hopefullly it's not a sausage fest like a lot of other vape events.. :(

I need advice- mentioned earlier that I am going out with a gal who I've been taking things cautiously with. Tomorrows the big night, as were both free to get together. We don't have plans yet, and I joked about planning us an intentionally terrible date. But I have no idea how to actually pull that off. Any suggestions?

I need advice- mentioned earlier that I am going out with a gal who I've been taking things cautiously with. Tomorrows the big night, as were both free to get together. We don't have plans yet, and I joked about planning us an intentionally terrible date. But I have no idea how to actually pull that off. Any suggestions?

You're in Brooklyn, so you should have no problem finding a terrible show (concert) going on in some random bar.  That could end up being fun. 

Maybe find a cafe or something that looks like a shit hole but is actually pretty good?  I'm sure others will have better suggestions.

Buy her ugly flowers. 

Well yes and no. It really depends on the person. 

Step 1: Be attractive

Step 2: be Attractive

Step 3: Probably be in High school. 

Step 4: Confidence

most likely this dude has tried this many times before and failed 

Those first 2 steps are really difficult lol

Don't worry too much about the attractive part. Everyone is attracted to something different. Step 4 is the more difficult one!

Agreed.

I think it really is about your confidence and demeanor. Not to mention the situation. If you approached this same girl at a different time, it could be weird. If she was talking to a co-worker, or she was with a customer... Or if god forbid, she had a boyfriend!

You could technically be over confident and botch it too... Just saying. Or if you were a little nervous, it could be cute. It isn't all about "attractiveness."

Around 22 I quit caring about looks almost entirely and totally focused on personality, humor, wit, whatever. Totally fell for a dude who was not handsome by societies standards... but I was genuinely attracted to his personality. I will admit I dated a mimbo here and there, but a girls got needs and it never lasted long anyways. At the end of the day mental stimulation always wins.

Around 22 I quit caring about looks almost entirely and totally focused on personality, humor, wit, whatever. Totally fell for a dude who was not handsome by societies standards... but I was genuinely attracted to his personality. I will admit I dated a mimbo here and there, but a girls got needs and it never lasted long anyways. At the end of the day mental stimulation always wins.

YES.

I'm 19 and in college and sometimes I feel like I just don't meet the physical standards for attraction, I am funny and easy to talk to but approaching a girl has always scared me in a way. Middle and high school weren't too kind to me so I feel like it stems from there.

I'm 19 and in college and sometimes I feel like I just don't meet the physical standards for attraction, I am funny and easy to talk to but approaching a girl has always scared me in a way. Middle and high school weren't too kind to me so I feel like it stems from there.

Yo, dropping in here to remind you that looks fade and change over the years and that personality is what matters the very most. Example: you can change your looks but your core personality will not change.