MAN ADVICE v2.0

Don't question anything and just go with whatever happens. If anything this should make you realize that there are a lot of amazing women out there and that you won't be doomed to a life of loneliness ;)

Don't question anything and just go with whatever happens. If anything this should make you realize that there are a lot of amazing women out there and that you won't be doomed to a life of loneliness ;)

It's a complete headtrip.  Just a two weeks ago I was desperately heartbroken and looking into the black hole of my future.  Now I feel like my future could be brighter than it has been in years.

What I'm most afraid of is that maybe I'm just naively pouring myself into this due to emotional vulnerability in an attempt to occupy the void my ex left in me.  I don't want this to be a "rebound".  

Another strange thing is that this girl is beautiful, but my mind doesn't automatically shift toward sexual fantasies when I think of her.  Mostly just those rose-tinted butterfly feelings that comprise the early days of relationships.  Believe me, this is offputting.

I waver between fatalistic emptiness and optimistic enthusiasm.

I waver between fatalistic emptiness and optimistic enthusiasm.

I know that feeling bro. It's good you've started experiencing positive things again. Try and keep clinging on the good things, they'll pull you out of the void. And yeah, don't overthink stuff! If you enjoy somebody's company, awesome! See where it takes you, but don't go too mad about it. Just enjoy it.

You should have carpooled!

Yeah, sounds like poor planning.

I went to a show once to meet up with a girl I had just started dating (who I'd been really good friends with for years) and when I got there she was like "So my abusive ex is here with my friends and if he sees us together it's going to get violent" That was awkward. Also, really hard not kick the shithead's ass.

But seriously, that sucks man.

So what is the threshold for texting - i.e. do you text a girl daily after dating her a couple times?

I don't wanna rush things or annoy her and this dating game is pretty much brand new to me after being in a relationship for the last 7 years.  She typically texts back, so that's a good thing.  But not always.

Man, I'm not used to these kinda games...

I wouldn't text every day. And maybe call her every once in a while too. Especially if you want to make plans, call instead of text.

We've been having random daily textual conversations, but they sometimes take several hours in between texts due to work or life.  I'm usually fairly quick to respond - if I'm awake.  My current schedule makes it a little difficult to make earlier day plans, since I'm usually crashed out until at least 3pm.