WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

Finally got my retail copy in the mail. Unfortunately, the comments about the pressing (lack of) quality are real, it just crackles everywhere. An irony that the best album of the year was turned into wax with one of the worst pressings I have in my collection.

Hopefully Ryan will repress it (180g perhaps?) with another factory. The album deserves it.

Heya.  I'm more than happy to exchange it for you if you'd like.  It's like 10% of the pressing is super-noisy for some reason.  The rest seem to be great though.  The few copies I've pulled as personal copies sound perfect.  We've gotten some returns though that definitely do not sound amazing. 

received my copy of pipe dreams redux today. i'm really disappointed with the flimsy jacket and poor artwork all around. listening to the MP3s of the new mix right now. will comment on the rest later.

Would be more than happy to issue you a refund if you'd like to send it back.  It's the same jacket we've done for years so I'd hardly call it flimsy and the artwork is what the band wanted from the get-go. 

i appreciate this part. but the fact that it was advertised as "the way the band wanted you to hear and see it" and then showed up looking very similar to at least two of their other whirr releases but with a flimsier package is just a little disappointing. i prefer the OG artwork (i think that jacket is slightly thicker as well).

the new mix/track listing is great though. no complaints about that.

That's the entire point.  It's supposed to look EXACTLY like Distressor but with different artwork.  It was advertised accurately as well because it's how the band wanted you to hear it and see it.  The mixes are not what Teepee wanted and the artwork is not what Teepee wanted...it's what the people that wrote the songs wanted.  The packaging is the same we've done for years.  Imprint is the broker and Ross Ellis the printer. 

For anyone who hasn't seen, the Whirr / Nothing split is up in Run For Cover's store.

those flags are to die for. guess I'm buying the bundle, I wasn't planning on spending this much.

edit: anyone think these would sell out closer to the release date? I'd rather wait a bit, but I'm unsure how quickly whirr stuff usually goes.

Heya.  I'm more than happy to exchange it for you if you'd like.  It's like 10% of the pressing is super-noisy for some reason.  The rest seem to be great though.  The few copies I've pulled as personal copies sound perfect.  We've gotten some returns though that definitely do not sound amazing. 

Thanks Ryan / Olivia. Wouldn't expect a different approach from you guys.

I've ordered the purple-ish a couple of days ago. In case it sounds better, it should fill my "audiophile" needs and and exchange wouldn't be necessary, Otherwise, I'll get in touch,

I'm waiting on a huge shipment from Graveface, I'm hoping it gets sent out soon, since as of yet I have nothing to show for being in the RC! :-(

They're probably waiting on the hand pours for Pipe Dreams and Night School. The guy that does the hand pours was just in a car accident and is recovering right now so it'll be a little longer than expected.

They're probably waiting on the hand pours for Pipe Dreams and Night School. The guy that does the hand pours was just in a car accident and is recovering right now so it'll be a little longer than expected.

Damn, I follow him on Instagram and it looks like he's playing shows and stuff, I didn't know it was that bad! Hope he's okay, I can wait a little longer.

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda enjoyed it, it's a bit (ok, just a bit) harsher. Shed another light over the record due to the consecutive listens I've been doing, but it's still is my least favorite from them. It actually would make more sense if it had came out before Distressor, when the band sounds somewhat tighter and cohesive. Pipe Dreams sometimes sounds like they were flirting with diverse musical approaches, like if the band was searching for their signature sound.