Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

I just picked up the new Lowtide 7" at a shop in Melbourne.  If anyone else is interested, I can probably swing back by and grab another copy or two and then ship them when I get back to the states.

https://lostandlonesome.bandcamp.com/album/julia-spring-7-single

Jon, that's awesome, I'm down for a copy!  PM me what I owe ya before you leave the land down under.

I just picked up the new Lowtide 7" at a shop in Melbourne. If anyone else is interested, I can probably swing back by and grab another copy or two and then ship them when I get back to the states.

https://lostandlonesome.bandcamp.com/album/julia-spring-7-single

This is really good. I don't need a copy of this, but I'll be checking out their full album for sure.

I've only been listening to 90s shoegaze for the last month. Curve, lush, MBV, Catherine wheel, slowdive, ride, verve, it's all incredible and is such a cool world to delve into.

What the fuck is up with these insanely good and sonically immense albums not being able to be found for a decent price on vinyl? IE ferment and chrome by Catherine wheel, going blank again by ride (came out again recently but is OOP everywhere), storm in Heaven by verve (not that crummy sounding boot) UGH

I've only been listening to 90s shoegaze for the last month. Curve, lush, MBV, Catherine wheel, slowdive, ride, verve, it's all incredible and is such a cool world to delve into.

What the fuck is up with these insanely good and sonically immense albums not being able to be found for a decent price on vinyl? IE ferment and chrome by Catherine wheel, going blank again by ride (came out again recently but is OOP everywhere), storm in Heaven by verve (not that crummy sounding boot) UGH

I've said before (on here I think) that I was 15 in 1990 and heavily in to music...i.e. all these bands. So a lot of the newer/modern shoegaze leaves me cold. Because not only have a heard so much of it before, it's been done a lot better. I try to be careful to not be one of those old geezers declaring all new music sucks...but it takes a lot more to impress me these days.

I just wish I had held onto a lot more of my records from this era. I could have retired by now!

For those looking to shell out money for Lush records: i just bought a NM copy of split and a sealed copy of Lovelife, the Split pressing is not great. I think the way they produced the album is just super fatiguing, couple that with some distorted highs on the record, just doesn't sound as good as it could. Lovelife on the other hand is amazing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-Soda-Stereo-Dynamo-EXTRA-RARE-12-tracks-1993-COLUMBIA-27755129-/221826493270

yeah like wtf

My favorite is Chapterhouse "Whirlpool" which I can't find anywhere for under $70. Listen and weep (this song is like a mash-up of Madchester and gaze):

My favorite is Chapterhouse "Whirlpool" which I can't find anywhere for under $70. Listen and weep (this song is like a mash-up of Madchester and gaze):

I got a Vg= copy on discogs from Germany shipped last month for like 35 bucks...Keep your eyes out. German shipping is usually pretty cheap and with price of euro vs Us dollar its not to bad

New band to me - on The Native Sound roster - "Threading"

They have a CS EP up for preorder called "You Are Never Enough"

http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/556633-threading-you-are-never-enough-ep

Listened to the rest of their stuff on bandcamp and that wall of steady, distortion guitar with the hollow, dark vocals in the background is really hitting my sweet spot for some reason. "Darkgaze".  Not as slow as True Widow, or experimental as HANL Deathconsciousness -- but the tone of their EP "Azure" seems to be in that vein of the genre like Miserable/King Woman.

https://threading.bandcamp.com/album/azure