Minus the Bear - Lost Loves LP

A little off topic here but is Ellen Page really spinning Rooms Of The House or am I just an idiot and this is Photoshopped??

Nah, Photoshopped. I love Ellen Page and she did a photoshoot with a record player and I wanted to have some fun. All La Dispute LPs are actually stacked on the bed.

Also, thanks for the album breakdown of b sides. I'll definitely pick this up.

Electric Rainbow and Patiently Waiting were actually from a 2xCD version of Planet Of Ice that had those two songs, a remix, and a demo version of Ice Monster on the second disc.

that bonus disc was the tops. i've always preferred the knights remix.

Minus The Bear has the worst fucking fans ever. (that's not to say every fan is bad, but the crowds at their two most recent chicago shows have me not wanting to see them anymore).

I'm with you on that. I've seen them the last two times they rolled into NYC (I got into them late) and the fans were awful. Everyone had to light up, many many bros, sad attempts at mosh pits, and a fight broke out at their last show. It was also at one of the worst venues in NYC. The band however was amazing and regardless how much I hate the crowd I have to see them again.

Weird. Must be in certain cities. From what I recall seeing MtB in Boston for the HRP anniversary tour and the shitload of times various places in Florida, the crowds have been alright. Fans weren't out of control or acting like jabronis.

Now Thrice on the other hand. Last couple of times I caught them, the idiots and unbearable fans were out in full force.

I don't think Mtb have had a decent crowd since before planet of ice. They are always good live, but the last 2 times I saw them in philly, people were rude as hell and cops waited outside to round up the visibly wrecked after the show. The Mtb I grew to love was one of drinking and dancing. A more lustful less stoned Mtb. That being said, I might go to NYC for old times sake.

best Minus the Bear show I've attended was in Boston at this small club on Lansdowne Street called Axis back in 2006, unfortunately it's no longer there because they tore it down to build a House of Blues.

but, mewithoutYou opened and Thursday was the headliner and I think they were just about to release A City by the Light Divided.

I've seen Minus the Bear a handful of times, but nothing compares to that show.

definitely will be picking up a copy of this!

I think the last time I saw them was the HRP tour in NYC. I remember two things about the people in attendance- everyone was smoking, but happy to share. And the female friend I was with couldn't go a full song without a dude getting all up in her business.

The best MTB show I've been to was probably the first show I had been to in late 2008 at the tail end of the POI support and it was just phenomenal. I think they played all of my favorite songs and the performance was just killer. I got chills thinking about it right now. Probably due to a lot of other nostalgia associated with that time as well but that show was amazing.

That POI tour was insane. I caught a few of those shows. The first one I was asked to have the tour pressing of POI delivered to the band at the venue. That was fun lugging those heavy boxes. I already had a ticket for the show but the band graciously offered anyways to guest list me. Towards the end of their set the crowd was so out of control (and since the place was packed) I had to get out and hung out with the band's merch guy, Steven, and somehow I got roped into being assistant merch guy as there was a mob of people buying shit. It was a learning experience for sure. Hung out w/ the band afterwards and they indulged my inner cheesy fanboy by signing my tour copy of POI.

IMG_1569.jpg

The Beer Commercials anniversary show in Seattle last month was awesome. Tiny venue and it sounded great. Assuming they play the EP in its entirely for this tour as well, I might have to see them again in November.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/minus-the-bear/2014/columbia-city-theatre-seattle-wa-63c1921b.html

• 2 weeks later...

B-Sides compilation out on October 7th via Dangerbird. Pre-order info soon.

lost-loves-minus-the-bear-300x300.jpg

1 – Electric Rainbow

2 – Surf-N-Turf

3 – Broken China

4 – Walk On Air

5 – Patiently Waiting

6 – Cat Calls & Ill Means

7 – Invented Memory

8 – South Side Life

9 – Your Private Sky

10 – The Lucky Ones

YES!