Holy Grails/Best Finds at a Record Store!

Maybe no one cares but I found some crazy old guy's record shop near Buffalo NY who has a SOAD - SOAD LP for 50 bucks, didn't buy it because I vaguely remembered that there was only a bootleg release. Checked the Discogs when I got home and I was right.

He also had the recent MOV release of Amputechture (dunno about color) for 40 if anyone missed out on that and wants to take a shot

It's not much but it's all I got for now

Maybe no one cares but I found some crazy old guy's record shop near Buffalo NY who has a SOAD - SOAD LP for 50 bucks, didn't buy it because I vaguely remembered that there was only a bootleg release. Checked the Discogs when I got home and I was right.

He also had the recent MOV release of Amputechture (dunno about color) for 40 if anyone missed out on that and wants to take a shot

It's not much but it's all I got for now

Is that Record Baron? I was in there a while back and he had a bunch of boots.

The Half Price Books in Crystal, MN didn't know how to price vinyl at all. Barry Manilow LPs were $3 and I found the following gems there:

Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music (OG $9 sealed)

Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis (1995 Dutch pressing $6)

No Use For A Name - Hard Rock Bottom (pink $6)

Metallica - Garage Inc (sealed $10 though for some reason I passed on this like an idiot and it was gone the next time I went)

Oh well, I've seen threads like this work on different boards but I guess if enough people come in complaining that this thread sucks then it will never gain any traction. Mods, let's just lock'er up so she can slowly sink into oblivion.... 

Might be It's the way it's worded in the title. People are just treating it like a "white whale"/"good deal I got once" thread.

• 3 months later...

So I was scrolling through Instagram and saw that a local record store I follow (DrStrangeRecords) posted that they had purchased a large collection including several Converge pieces. One of those pieces was an Axe To Fall (clear w/ shards out of 100) clear as day in the picture. The pic had been posted 3 hours before and I was sure it had already been claimed or spoken for.

I immediately called and asked about it. It was still available so I picked it up for a stupidly good price and they shipped it out to me today. Didn't really ever expect to find one let alone find one in a record shop for such a great price.

Back before my local record shop referred to Ebay for pricing rare stuff, I found a couple cool albums for a more than fair price.

Caspian - Tertia (Tour/band exclusive Maroon w/ maroon (black?) haze /200)

Matt Pryor - Confidence Man (Coke Bottle Clear, Self released)

Lambchop - Damaged (sealed)

Elliot Smith - XO and Figure 8 before they were re-issued. It was a point in time when they were going for way too much.

Last year I've picked up:

System Of A Down - Hypnotize & Mezmerize pic discs

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Replacements - Let It Be

...All for $12 or less.

Oh yeah, and I found a sealed Garth Brooks "Ropin The Wind" for $10. Laugh all you want, but you don't want to know what that resold for.