PO: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

Here is the airing order:

I don't see how the Beat the Bots thing is more than a gimmick. Scalpers can stand in lines too, and who wants to drag themselves out to a godforsaken field during the polar vortex to wait for these tickets. Make it all paperless and BAM, problem mostly solved. Plus if you don't live in the city you want to attend you have no shot at these. I'm hoping Columbus gets an arena date on down the line, these sheds blow anyway.

I don't see how the Beat the Bots thing is more than a gimmick. Scalpers can stand in lines too, and who wants to drag themselves out to a godforsaken field during the polar vortex to wait for these tickets. Make it all paperless and BAM, problem mostly solved. Plus if you don't live in the city you want to attend you have no shot at these. I'm hoping Columbus gets an arena date on down the line, these sheds blow anyway.

It's almost easier this way. The brokers can bring their whole staff to the box office. BUT most of them are notional so they probably won't even bother. Don't forget a lot of brokers have annual ticket agreements with venues so they'll end up with tix anyhow.

Also there are ways around CC linked paperless tix, using prepaid cards.

As someone who went to one of their ticketless shows, it didn't prevent scalpers at all.

Even if scalpers go down to venues to buy tickets they have an equal shot with fans of standing there and waiting for them.  For online drops they have an uneven playing field as their bots work way faster than any one person can and this allows them to get hundreds of tickets, one person standing in line can't do that.

I was at the Ryman show too. Don't see how ppl could scalp, they sailed my fiances credit card, took her ID, seriously compared it with her face and info and then let us enter. Plus they squashed a huge amount of tickets that Friday. My buddy and his wife each bought a pair, ticketbastard cross referenced the order and their tickets were voided. I'm sure it's possible to beat that system but it's got to help slow em down yeah? I dunno, it'll be interesting to hear the complaints after this weekend. Bottom line, they're super in demand right now, you won't be able to please everybody or shut out scalpers completely.

Well yeah some scalpers got shut down at the door....but they already bought the tickets and prevented other fans from getting in.  That's why there was so many empty seats at the Ryman show.  Lot's of people sold their +1, even if you check everyone's IDs and CCs there is no way to stop that.  Also it took a large amount of staff to get people in with this process at a small venue, imagine doing that at a baseball stadium size venue, that's a lot of workers.

Got my deluxe bundle today in perfect condition.  Not signed, but wasn't expeting to get one anyway.  It's a huge freakin box that won't fit in my expedit (boohoo).  Not sure if I'd necessarily classify it as well made, but it seems rather sturdy.   Great box set indeed.  Not sure if it's worth $150, but it's super nice.

Minor gripe:  They should have made it to stand upright instead of felt on the back for it to lay flat.  Everyone knows you're not supposed to lay your records flat.  That said, you can obviously stand it on it's hinged end, but then the cover graphic is upside down.  I'll probably buy some small adhesive felt pads to act as 'feet' on the hinged side.  

Where are these smaller shows being announced? Would love to hit up NYC. Saw them a few years back at Irving Plaza and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Typically via the FF Instagram, or FB page, and via the venues page. When they played The Black Cat in DC, the black cat tweeted it and FF posted it on Instagram.