RIP Robin Williams

Wow. Really shocking and sad and upsetting. Not to bring the vibe down from the people reminiscing about his great movies, but I really feel bad for the guy's kids. Apparently his last Instagram note was a birthday message for his 25 year old daughter - a picture of him holding her as a baby :(  Couldn't help but think of it as I put my own six month old little guy to bed in his crib tonight. Really really heartbreaking.

Also, this:

Depression is a fucking cunt. 

I hope all of you know that there is always someone to turn to when you are as low as Mr Williams no doubt was, and suicide is absolutely never the only way out, no matter how much it may seem the case.

We lost a good, good man tonight folks. Lets hope it shines a public light on the horrible debilitating disease that depression is.

My favourite movie memories are Aladdin and Jumanji.

Man just to reiterate what some are saying, I don't think I've taken a celebrity death as hard as this one...Robin played sooooo many good roles as an actor. Good Will Hunting and Mrs. Doubtfire will forever be my go to movies for Williams. I've probably seen Doubfire at least 100 times. I still to this day come home from work saying "Heeeellloooo!" like he does in that movie. As for Good Will Hunting, I feel like this is the movie that really would portray Robin in real life. Like it was that one role that he didn't really have to act so much but just be himself. That movie seemed so natural to me and it's so moving. Jack, Jumanji, Flubber, Hook, and everything else are all great movies too. He really left a lasting mark on Hollywood. I'm really sad tonight and probably will be for a little while. It's a shame that something like depression ended up taking him out. My wife has dealt with a lot of depression and I know how hard it is to get through but she is a shining example that it's possible to overcome.

definitely gave a big "helloooooooo!" to my coworkers tonight. that was hours before we got the news.

said coworkers also looked at me like i had two heads once i said mork.

I'm on the verge of tears. Fuck it. I'm crying. Such a wonderful and funny person to lose. Here I am all coming up on a high of having a good time from a NIN show and then get blindsided by these news.

I feel shitty about my level of selfishness reaction to this but also knowing some of the details of Williams' battle with depression and how much I relate to it, I just feel lost and down and completely destroyed. This makes me feel like life is truly shit and there's little to no justice out there.

This is my beer-influenced (and it shouldn't be and it's bad timing) & 100% manic depressive relating post. Something I've never much shared to anyone on VC or ever many outside. I'm sorry for that.

I'm on the verge of tears. Fuck it. I'm crying. Such a wonderful and funny person to lose. Here I am all coming up on a high of having a good time from a NIN show and then get blindsided by these news.

I feel shitty about my level of selfishness reaction to this but also knowing some of the details of Williams' battle with depression and how much I relate to it, I just feel lost and down and completely destroyed. This makes me feel like life is truly shit and there's little to no justice out there.

This is my beer-influenced (and it shouldn't be and it's bad timing) & 100% manic depressive relating post. Something I've never much shared to anyone on VC or ever many outside. I'm sorry for that.

Thank you for sharing J! Here's some Lorde and Taylor for you!!

F69D45BA-F453-460A-B225-1172FEB2FFD1_zps

He was such a good man.
From what I recall he loved anime and had one of the biggest Neon Genesis Evangelion collections.
Such good taste.
Plus:

I wish I was some sort of internet famous youtuber/streamer so I could stream Ocarina of Time 3D for charity as well as just in his honor.

?uestlove shared some nice memories 

Man. The smallest gesture can mean the world to you. Robin Williams made such an impact on me and didn't even know it. He named checked all of us in the elevator during the 2001 Grammys. I know y'all think I do this false modesty/T Swift "gee shucks" thing to the hilt. But yeah sometimes when you put 20 hour days in you do think it's for naught and that it goes thankless. Grammy time is somewhat of a dark time simply because you just walk around asking yourself is it worth it or not: all the sweat and blood. I just felt like (despite winning grammy the year before) no one really cares all that much for us except for a select few. Especially in that environment in which people treat you like minions until they discover what you can do for them...if you're not a strong character you run the risk of letting it get to you.

This particular Sunday we were walking backstage and had to ride the elevator to the backstage area and we piled inside when suddenly this voice just said "questlove.....black thought....rahzel....the roots from Philadelphia!!!! That's right you walked on this elevator saying to yourself 'ain't no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography'"....we laughed so hard. That NEVER happened to us before. Someone a legend acknowledged us and really knew who we were (his son put him on to us) man it was a small 2 min moment in real life but that meant the world to me at the time. Everytime I saw him afterwards he tried to top his trivia knowledge on all things Roots associated. Simply because he knew that meant everything to me. May his family find peace at this sad time. I will miss Robin Williams. #RIP. 

between this, philip seymour hoffman, and harold ramis, it's been a really tough year.

We've lost some greats this year.  I woke up to this news and it put a damper on my day, such a huge loss.  I didn't realize just how many of his work meant so much to me, especially when I was growing up.  Especially Jumanji, Hook and Mork & Mindy.  He was great in One Hour Photo also.

He was such a good man.

From what I recall he loved anime and had one of the biggest Neon Genesis Evangelion collections.

Such good taste.

Plus:

I wish I was some sort of internet famous youtuber/streamer so I could stream Ocarina of Time 3D for charity as well as just in his honor.

I came here to post that commercial. It made me cry when it came out, I don't know what it will do to me if I watch it now. His 25 year old daughter is named Zelda and I feel awful for her. She was the host of the Zelda symphony I went to a couple years ago, saddens me to think of his family going through this.

Like many of you I struggle with depression myself. It is a dark, dark hole that can be hard to crawl out of. A lot of you seem a little surprised that someone who was so funny, who brought you so much joy could be so sad but believe it or not a lot of the time humor comes from a dark place.  

Like many of you I struggle with depression myself. It is a dark, dark hole that can be hard to crawl out of. A lot of you seem a little surprised that someone who was so funny, who brought you so much joy could be so sad but believe it or not a lot of the time humor comes from a dark place.  

Some of the funniest are the most depressed.