needle drop, not at beginning of song

Does it bother anyone else when you drop the needle and you hear the song before the song you want to listen to for like 10 seconds?  i like my music to flow in and out and its hard with a record player.  i use to only play full sides but now i go right for songs in the middle and it just kind of sucks.  any way to mentally get over this? 

Part of the appeal of vinyl is being forced to listen to the album as one cohesive work, from start to finish, how the artist intended it to be listened to.

Definitely agree. I had a bad habit of only buying the hit songs off iTunes and now I'm hearing the album in it's entirety. Mellon collie and the infinite sadness---awesome album. Oh my god. I never knew it was all awesome!!

or when you have a rap single and it has edited version, unedited version, acappela, and then instrumental.  lol.  ugh.  what do now. 

I just don't buy things like that.

I've never understood the appeal of a release that is the same song 6 times, slightly altered or remixed. It has always seemed like a waste of time and money to me, but to each his own I guess.

Definitely agree. I had a bad habit of only buying the hit songs off iTunes and now I'm hearing the album in it's entirety. Mellon collie and the infinite sadness---awesome album. Oh my god. I never knew it was all awesome!!

There is nothing like hearing Mellon Collie for the first time.