Ferguson, and other issues

Yes and no ^

Being a capitalist nation, the protestors have actually wised up by protesting where people spend money to cause disruption between the life support (consumer) of the 1% who are in control of the current system. It took me a while to figure that out too. I don't agree with it per say. I'm trying to be as objective as possible, because in the end I'm not offended by either of the sides opinions. This is the main benefit of being extraterrestrial. ;)

But I agree with your conclusion. Take it straight to the police dept. and hopefully don't get shot. Who knows, cops could say their path way to work is being obstructed and thus are required to use up to lethal force to get the protestors away from the police department vicinity?

heres a video from a bystander that lived above where the two officers were shot, my guess is that this is about 5 minutes after the accident, it shows them being removed from the cruiser and put into the ambulances. you can also see a ton of investigators afterwards and even them loading a witness into a cruiser. pretty crazy. 

damn, they made quick work of that. and michael brown's body was on the asphalt for...4 hours?

i was listening to run the jewels 2 tonight, and was pretty stunned to catch these killer mike lyrics

Where my thuggers and my cripples and my bloodles and my brothers?
When you niggas gon' unite and kill the police, mothafuckas?
Or take over a jail, give those COs hell
The burnin' of the sulfur, God damn I love the smell
Like it's a pillow torchin', where the fuck the warden?
And when you find him, we don't kill him, we just waterboard him
We killin' 'em for freedom cause they tortured us for boredom
And even if some good ones die, fuck it, the Lord'll sort 'em

i guess some of y'all think that this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_on_Washington_for_Jobs_and_Freedom had no effect on the Civil Rights Act getting passed.

Exactly. This is what I think of when I hear people say "What good are the protests and die-ins". Hmm idk about you but I wouldn't like to live in the world my grandparents did. You know the one where you could be lynched for looking at a white woman and no one batted an eye.

Exactly. This is what I think of when I hear people say "What good are the protests and die-ins". Hmm idk about you but I wouldn't like to live in the world my grandparents did. You know the one where you could be lynched for looking at a white woman and no one batted an eye.

it blows my mind every time i think about segregation, and those awful things happening in my parents and grandparents lifetimes. i just cannot wrap my head around it.

DeBlasio is an idiot  Democrat.   Unfortunately all issues, at least with the new media, are now political.  A skeptic would say this is about what so-called leader is going to represent this liberal-progressive-hate-the-government-but-always-vote-for-more-control base of voters in the next election.  The D's just got completely wiped out at the midterms and a giant void has been created.   The media fight between sharpton, obozo, holder, aclu and all the other race-baiters is getting nasty and only one will survive as The Voice.   Looks like deblasio is out of the running.  .    

DeBlasio is an idiot  Democrat.   Unfortunately all issues, at least with the new media, are now political.  A skeptic would say this is about what so-called leader is going to represent this liberal-progressive-hate-the-government-but-always-vote-for-more-control base of voters in the next election.  The D's just got completely wiped out at the midterms and a giant void has been created.   The media fight between sharpton, obozo, holder, aclu and all the other race-baiters is getting nasty and only one will survive as The Voice.   Looks like deblasio is out of the running.  .    

yes, please make this about democrats vs republicans when it clearly is not. good job, sir.

It's nice to finally see a little humor about this situation.

yes, please make this about democrats vs republicans when it clearly is not. good job, sir.

Everything in the news is. There's a whole lot of moderate, normal thinking people in the country but their voices are overshadowed by a media and political system where everything is polarized.

Aaaaaand upon second thought my joke there is more fuel to the fire in the whole "us vs. them" sort of dichotomy that I, and it seems the majority of us, want to avoid. So for that, I apologize.

Everything in the news is. There's a whole lot of moderate, normal thinking people in the country but their voices are overshadowed by a media and political system where everything is polarized.

honestly, when it comes to this discussion, i haven't seen anything republican vs. democrat. it's always 'damn cop haters! there is no race problem in 'Merica!' people vs. 'fuck the po-lice! burn this all down!' people, if we're talking extremists.

'damn cop haters! there is no race problem in 'Merica!' = Republicans

'fuck the po-lice! burn this all down!' people = Democrats

It's a generalization and all generalizations are inherently wrong, but some are useful. How you view race relations is going to be strongly correlated with how you vote.

'damn cop haters! there is no race problem in 'Merica!' = Republicans

'fuck the po-lice! burn this all down!' people = Democrats

It's a generalization and all generalizations are inherently wrong, but some are useful. How you view race relations is going to be strongly correlated with how you vote.

Maybe it is just my neck of the woods, but the Republicans I know all say there is a race issue, the Democrats say there is a race issue, the racists say there is no race issue.

I'm interested to see how this plays out

http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/286695571.html

for those not in the know, the Mall of America told protestors that they couldn't protest inside the mall, but welcomed them to protest outside across the street (albeit in a plot of land that's not highly visible to most visitors arriving by car or train).  the protestors instead did their thing in the "main" rotunda near (arguably) the primary mall entrance, and officials ended up closing many of the stores in that wing of the mall during the protest.

for what it's worth, I think the weather was relatively decent for december in mn